Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Just chopped all my hair off and I bloody love it!

(40 Posts)
Namila Mon 13-Nov-17 12:54:22

After internally debating for months a while on whether I should get a pixie haircut or not, I finally bit the bullet and did it. Omg! I love it!

Everyone at work has been saying that I look way better than before (boring blondish lob) and I have been getting loads of compliments. I wonder why I did not do it a long time ago!

If anyone is undecided on a pixie haircut, my advice is just do it!! The feeling of liberation and self-empowerment is absolutely great smile

TillyVonMilly Mon 13-Nov-17 12:58:40

Photo grin

Mustang27 Mon 13-Nov-17 13:01:36

Ooo pics?? I’m desperate to do the same but I’m a scaredy cat.

Namila Mon 13-Nov-17 13:07:49

Here is a before and after (please ignore the silly filter!).

Hoppinggreen Mon 13-Nov-17 13:09:21

You are really pulling that off but I fear I wouldn't

buzzbuzzbumblebee Mon 13-Nov-17 13:14:18

You look amazing! It really suits you!!

Aridane Mon 13-Nov-17 13:21:14

You look fab - but is that actually a pixie cut? (thought pixie cuts were shorter) disappears off Style & Beauty

Mustang27 Mon 13-Nov-17 13:24:08

Love it!!

ZaZathecat Mon 13-Nov-17 13:27:52

You looked just as great before though!

Namila Mon 13-Nov-17 14:19:54

It is actually quite short (especially in the back), in that pic it looks puffier than it really is. Here's another couple of more realistic pics!

CoolCarrie Mon 13-Nov-17 18:23:17

You look great , lovely lipstick too

LaurieFairyCake Mon 13-Nov-17 18:37:49

It’s very good, really suits your face shape

I had mine cut short at the back (and graduated to long at the front) and it’s been amazing - no trapping my hair in my clothes or scarf or under me when I’m sleeping. No stupid wavy bits where I don’t want them - the back of my head constantly looked worse than the front.

zippyswife Mon 13-Nov-17 18:44:16

You look amazing. I think that’s partly because you are a complete babe anyway though. I’m not sure it’d have that same effect on the very un-babe-like me!!

Brandnewstart Mon 13-Nov-17 18:48:05

I've had a pixie cut for about 8 years now. I love it and it's so easy. You look fab!!

Shinynew50p Mon 13-Nov-17 19:27:03

Looks fabulous and fresh. Would love to do the same but I hide behind my hair sadly.

Namila Mon 13-Nov-17 19:31:58

Thank you all for the nice comments!

Before I bit the bullet and got my haircut, I wasted so much time worrying that I was not going to look feminine or attractive enough with a pixie. I read all sorts of articles on the Internet about how women with short hair become invisible to men, they are undatable and so on. So disheartening!

Well, I'll report back in a few months to let you ladies know if my dating life has got any worse wink

Lucked Mon 13-Nov-17 20:13:29

Looks great.

Can I ask what lipstick you are wearing in the photo with the bob, looks right up my street.

Brandnewstart Mon 13-Nov-17 21:07:55

Ha ha my ex actually wrote a list, when he left, of what was wrong with me... one of them was 'having short hair and not loving me enough to grow it'. My partner loves it by the way!!

Namila Mon 13-Nov-17 21:07:56

Lucked it is Russian Red by Mac!

Brandnewstart Mon 13-Nov-17 21:09:22

This is my crop smile

Namila Mon 13-Nov-17 21:11:09

Brandnew that sounds horrible!! I am glad you are not wasting any more time on someone who thinks you should "prove" your love through the way you style your hair. What a load of bollocks!

Namila Mon 13-Nov-17 21:12:34

Brandnew you look AMAZING. Seriously beautiful. And your pixie cut absolutely suits you smile

Brandnewstart Mon 13-Nov-17 21:12:39

I think the fact he was having an affair had more to do with it to be honest! I love my hair and have had loads of positive comments. I hope you enjoy having a pixie cut as much.

Brandnewstart Mon 13-Nov-17 21:13:04

Oh thank you!! blush

YouBoggleMyMind Mon 13-Nov-17 21:15:36

Pixie for the win! 🙌🏼

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: