Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Long pyjama bottoms - where?

(21 Posts)
WeeMadArthur Mon 13-Nov-17 11:59:11

I’m not unusually tall, just under 5’ 8” with a 31” inside leg but I am unable to find a pair of pyjama where the bottoms doesn’t flap half mast above my ankles. I suppose if I had dainty ankles it wouldn’t be so bad, but they could at best be described as sturdy.

I have been fooled by pictures online before where it looks like the bottoms are long enough but the models all seem to wear the waistband under their belly button, whereas my waist is decidedly 2 inches above my bellybutton. I used to be able to get the M&S long bottoms but they have discontinued them much to my dismay. I sometimes resort to buying the men’s bottoms as they have the length ( and have pockets!) but I don’t want to have to stick to navy or grey all the time.

Can anyone recommend somewhere that sells decent quality but not insanely expensive long fit pyjamas?

welshweasel Mon 13-Nov-17 12:05:00

Next long length

ACatastrophicMisintepretation Mon 13-Nov-17 12:12:06

I'm 5'7 and have a couple of pairs of white stuff pjs which are a good length, they have fold ups too which I have folded up so have potential to be longer!

WeeMadArthur Mon 13-Nov-17 12:22:34

Thanks I’ll check out both of those, hoping for warm ankles this Christmas!

rubybleu Mon 13-Nov-17 12:29:23

Yes also to Next long length.

WhereAreWeNow Mon 13-Nov-17 12:48:24

I've found Hush longer length PJs ok too. I wait for the sale.

WhereAreWeNow Mon 13-Nov-17 12:48:48

Oh and Debenhams do longer length ones too but I haven't tried them.

Ttbb Mon 13-Nov-17 12:53:18

Just buy men's pyjamas. They are longer, nicer looking and, generally more comfortable too.

Ttbb Mon 13-Nov-17 12:53:33

Oh, and they come with pockets.

gingerbreadmam Mon 13-Nov-17 13:13:59

not a great selection but asos have some www.asos.com/women/tall/cat/?cid=18984&refine=attribute_900:1532¤tpricerange=5-265&pgesize=36

Baileystruffle Mon 13-Nov-17 13:18:24

Fat face ones are usually pretty good as they have fold up bits at the bottom which you can just unfold if you're tall

whyIsARavenLikeAWritingDesk Mon 13-Nov-17 13:20:51

Long tall sally!! I’m the same height and was bought some last year-amazing!!!!

A1Sharon Mon 13-Nov-17 13:23:07

I am 5'8" and was just trying on PJs in Next today!grin
This is a problem for me too, I want my pjs long, no cold ankles.
The tall range is definitely longer, the pjs come as reg/tall and it is long enough for me definitely. And some of the bottoms have pockets-yay!
I tried on this but decided matching top and bottoms was a bit much, was deffo long enough though.
I went for these.
Long Tall Sally do long PJs but I found them much too long.

TattiePants Mon 13-Nov-17 13:23:32

I'm 5'11" and have a few pairs from Jasper Conran at Debenhams that are the right length for me.

JanetStWalker Mon 13-Nov-17 13:52:32

Definitely Hush.

Jolonglegs Mon 13-Nov-17 15:58:19

I'm with Ttbb in that I wear my DP's pj bottoms when the nights start getting colder and especially when DP is away on business. I wear a nightie in summer, but love snuggling in his pj bottoms (
esp when he's wearing them!)

WeeMadArthur Mon 13-Nov-17 16:05:06

I’ve ordered a pair from Next, fingers crossed, will try Debenhams as well but wait for a week or so as DH looks a bit horrified if I come home with too many bags and I’m already starting my Christmas present ordering!

moonamanda Mon 13-Nov-17 16:12:50

Victorias Secret do long length, I rate them
//www.victoriassecret.com/sleepwear/pajamas

ImperfectTents Mon 13-Nov-17 17:04:38

Hush pjs are amazing.

FashionFiend Wed 15-Nov-17 10:17:09

I have the same problem with pjs. The John Lewis own brand ones are nice and long.

manyaslip Wed 15-Nov-17 10:37:08

I have this problem too - drives me nuts. Have you ever thought about looking at shops based in Holland? Dutch women are tall!

Pip Studio for example has some very stylish PJs/homewear: https://www.pipstudio.com/global/en/wear/homewear

It’s going on my xmas list smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now