Talk

Advanced search

Sell this Louis Vuitton or give this to my mom?

(8 Posts)
ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Sun 12-Nov-17 22:12:56

I bought a vintage Louis Vuitton from eBay, had it authenticated (authentic!), but when it arrived, I didn't like how it looked. I bought it on an impulse - I normally don't like logos anywhere and here is it plastered with logos.

Anyway, my mom is coming for a visit and I am thinking of giving it to her. It's listed on eBay though and there is a serious inquiry right now.

Would you sell or gift? If I sell I'd recoup what I paid for it.

My mom has never had a designer bag. She could have very well afforded designer bags but chose to spend money on our education.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Sun 12-Nov-17 22:14:02

I also don't know if she likes designer bags. She has expensive jewellery but she puts them in a safe and doesn't use them. She has this attitude also with other fancy stuff. Which I think I got - if I have a nice item, it sits in the closet and comes out on "special occasions".

MyKingdomForBrie Sun 12-Nov-17 22:14:57

It doesn’t sound like she’d use it OP, it’s not something you’d choose for her. I’d sell it.

SierraFerrara Sun 12-Nov-17 22:16:40

You've not chosen it for her and it doesn't sound like she'd use it.

ReallyConvolutedCareerHistory Sun 12-Nov-17 22:22:29

So better to sell it then use the money for entertainment during her visit right?

Sentimentallentil Sun 12-Nov-17 22:24:04

Sell it and spend the money doing nice things on your visit!

Mulberrysilk Sun 12-Nov-17 23:42:21

Sell it.

TakeMe2Insanity Mon 13-Nov-17 05:56:32

I think sell it, spend the money on taking her out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now