Talk

Advanced search

Are pleather leggings sweaty?

(14 Posts)
ilovecherries Sun 12-Nov-17 18:51:09

My niece has asked me for pleather leggings for Xmas (probably because she knows her mum won't buy them for her!) I looked in Next and New Look today, but I wondered if they'd be very sweaty and uncomfortable?

PickAChew Sun 12-Nov-17 18:52:41

I can't imagine them being any other way. I saw some shiny ones in debenhams, this afternoon, and my first thought was thrush.

Barbie1 Sun 12-Nov-17 18:54:04

Actually they aren’t too bad...primark have a great pair for £9

zippyswife Sun 12-Nov-17 19:00:03

Mine aren’t sweaty and I’ve had a tonne of compliments on them... £15 from tescos. They are so comfy! But they do make a weird leaf rustling noise when I walk!!!

ilovecherries Sun 12-Nov-17 19:03:56

Yes, I thought Thrush Central and rustling! She thinks I'm cool auntie but I think I will ask my SiL if she's ok with her having them.

Paintbox Sun 12-Nov-17 19:50:12

I have some and wore them shopping the other day. Rushing round an indoor shopping centre did make for sweaty legs and crotch but if I wear them when I’m not rushing round they are absolutely fine and not sweaty at all. In fact if I wear them on a cold day outside my legs are freezing, much colder than in jeans

Paintbox Sun 12-Nov-17 19:51:26

Ps they do swish when I walk but so do my real leather leggings. The real ones also squeak quite embarrassingly when I’m sitting on a wooden chair if I move

skippy67 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:53:02

Mine aren't sweaty. They're from Next.

Fluffymonkey Sun 12-Nov-17 20:07:01

I think they are awful and making think thrush factory, itchy burning crotch

zippyswife Sun 12-Nov-17 20:11:46

Ps I’ve worn mine quite a bit and no thrush! ..... yet confused

mrslebon Sun 12-Nov-17 22:53:45

Not sweaty at all. The Next pull on coated leggings are fantastic.

CruzRamirez Sun 12-Nov-17 23:34:33

Your niece doesn't care about the practicalities, really. Just buy her the sweaty leggings and bask in awesome auntiness.

TwinklyGiraffe Sun 12-Nov-17 23:36:16

Next one should are fabulous!

ilovecherries Mon 13-Nov-17 08:47:39

Well, my SiL says that while she certainly isn't prepared to buy them because she thinks they are totally impractical, she doesn't really mind her having them. So have ordered a pair of Next ones and some rainbow make up brushes. I think my cool auntie crown will survive another year grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now