Talk

Advanced search

Didriksons Coat Recommendations?

(8 Posts)
BeastOfCraggyIsland Sun 12-Nov-17 16:49:29

I've been looking at Didriksons coats online and have tried on a Lina parka in Cotswold Outdoor which I really like. I haven't seen any others in the flesh though so am posting here to ask if anyone has any recommendations from their range, or if anyone has the Lina and would recommend it (or not!). The Meja, Nancy and Celine parkas all look really similar and along the lines of what I'm looking for, I just don't know which one would be the best option. I'm looking for very warm, waterproof, at least bum length and with a hood so any opinions/reviews appreciated!

jelliedeel Sun 12-Nov-17 21:36:05

I didn't find any of them warm enough after trying on a few last year.I thought the Vega would be the warmest but had to send it back. I'm still looking...... waterproof and warm is tricky. Hankering after a Columbia turbodown Barlow Pass now.

CaraMia Sun 12-Nov-17 21:54:00

You are like my shopping twin; about a month ago I went through far too much thinking about whether or not to buy the Lina. I did get it in the end (size 12, navy) and I think it's a beautifully made jacket, as you'll have seen as you've already tried it on. I haven't worn it in any really bad weather yet to stress test it , but the times that I have worn it so far, I've felt cosy. I tried the Nancy as well and didn't like it - it was a bit 'shiny looking' compared with the Lina. The Lina is a more generous fit than the Nancy, I would have had to size up to the 14 with the Nancy.

CeeCeeEnnEss Mon 13-Nov-17 21:23:18

I have a navy Lina and it’s wonderful. Like wearing a duvet but stylish too.

BeastOfCraggyIsland Wed 15-Nov-17 20:10:10

Thank you all, I'm still dithering but have ruled out the Nancy due to the shininess issue, I definitely don't want shiny!

bakewelltarte Wed 15-Nov-17 20:15:17

I have the Vega which is toasty warm but the front pockets make it look too bulky - I got it v cheap in the summer sales but wish I'd got another!

BumWad Wed 15-Nov-17 20:16:29

Check out Ultimate Outdoors they have a few and they are all on sale

BeastOfCraggyIsland Wed 15-Nov-17 22:25:54

Oh thanks Bumwad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now