Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nice tops to wear with jeans on a night out?

(16 Posts)
Growingboys Sun 12-Nov-17 14:42:51

I'm in my 40s and am a size 12. I would like to find a couple of tops - maybe silk, preferably not sleeveless as it's cold, to wear with jeans e.g. to friends' houses, dinner parties, out for drinks etc.

Has anyone any suggestions? I am thinking colourful, maybe silk, well cut - not v baggy as that won't suit me. Not tarty. Just fun, colourful and flattering.

I've been stalking the Outnet and Trilogy, and had a look in M&S as I walked through the other day. I usually get lucky in little local boutiques but they've all failed too.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you!

DancingOnParsnips Sun 12-Nov-17 14:53:48

Marking place.

Doreah Sun 12-Nov-17 15:09:56

How about Monsoon? Or Oasis? They normally have some nice tops.

Growingboys Sun 12-Nov-17 18:45:11

I hadn't actually thought of either of those. Will have a look, thank you!

Blackandpurple Sun 12-Nov-17 19:05:34

Wallis? They have nice tops to wear with jeans.

MimiDeLaSun Sun 12-Nov-17 19:10:28

I struggle with nice tops too. They are either too flouncy or sleeveless.

Onebusymum Sun 12-Nov-17 19:20:45

Ive been looking too. There are some nice jumpers with chiffon sleeves in New Look and Oasis

The problem is that nearly everything is sleeveless or short sleeved, or horrible polyester, or both.

I bought a gorgeous silk and cotton mix shirt in M&S earlier in the year and would love to buy more of them, but they haven't got any.

This, maybe?

whyioughtta Sun 12-Nov-17 22:44:56

Oliver Bonas

Neonyellow Sun 12-Nov-17 22:47:09

Oliver Bonas

Almahart Mon 13-Nov-17 06:40:11

&otherstories often have unusual prints, also Cos might be worth a look

Growingboys Mon 13-Nov-17 16:09:32

Thank you all. Have bought stuff at Oliver Bonas before but had forgotten about it so will have a look. Ditto &otherstories - will have a look, and Cos. Much appreciated.

Remus thank you for that link - it's v pretty and a bargain, too! Might swing by and have a look, thank you x

CountFosco Mon 13-Nov-17 20:16:58

Jigsaw is good for silk tops. I saw this on a blog today that looks nice. I bought this in nude in the sale last January and have worn it masses, I like the see-through strip at the back. The shape of both of these is fairly relaxed but the luxe fabric makes them feel more dressy.

mammmamia Wed 15-Nov-17 07:46:13

I've recently discovered Sosander - give it a go

Growingboys Sat 18-Nov-17 18:02:25

That Jigsaw top is lovely! I shall try it on next week.

Thank you

Mulberrysilk Sat 18-Nov-17 18:22:04

this is silk.

Ignoring my inner voice, I've bought a few silk-like polyester tops recently. I haven't worn them yet so might regret it yet, but I'm feeling beaten in the quest for natural fibres.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now