Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Red face cures?

(22 Posts)
Textpectation Sun 12-Nov-17 13:59:16

Has anyone found a magic location or potion to take redness away?

I have rosacea and use Soolantra which has been great. The problem with redness persists, it looks like I'm blushing all of the time.

Can anyone help please?

SavageCabbage Sun 12-Nov-17 14:01:30

I have just started using some of the things recommended in this thread.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2943522-Can-I-do-anything-about-my-red-face

BWatchWatcher Sun 12-Nov-17 14:02:27

I bought this:
www.boots.com/bourjois-123-perfect-colour-correcting-cream-10168868
Which covers nicely and was easier than faffing about with green redness concealing powder.
There was an ordinary product I was looking at that was meant to help...

BWatchWatcher Sun 12-Nov-17 14:10:49

www.victoriahealth.com/product/Niacinamide-10-Zinc-PCA-1/12186 This i think

Beautifullymixed Sun 12-Nov-17 14:34:06

I love the Ordinary's niacinamide and 2% retinoid serums. Both have soothed and smoothed my rosacea, pores and fine lines.
My skin is far less red, and i can use less foundation and powder.
I see the difference when i'm too lazy to take my makeup off at night time i lapse in my skincare routine.smile

I just love the results.

Beautifullymixed Sun 12-Nov-17 14:38:50

I also love a good hyaluronic acid serum too. This soothes my skin fantastically as well layered on top of the others.
My redness (also roughness, pimples and dryness) have all decreased.
I love Hada labo premium hyaluronic serum, also the Ordinary's hyaluronic serum. No stinging or breakouts with these two. Just plump, hydrated skin.
They are also really good value too.

CAAKE Sun 12-Nov-17 14:45:30

I’m having great success with the Sand and Sky pink clay mask.

Textpectation Sun 12-Nov-17 16:55:36

Thanks all. My skin is now in great condition, the redness is what's getting me down. I want something that tones it down rather than covers it up.

I'll have a look at these. I have Harvey Nichols vouchers to use so may see if they have anything suitable from the list of both threads;

LA ROCHE-POSAY ROSALIAC AR INTENSE SERUM

Dermalogica

Clinique redness solutions

Aveeno Ultracalming Daily Moisturiser

The Original serum azelaic acid

The Ordinary's hyaluronic serum
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc PCA 1%
The Ordinary's 2% retinoid serums.

Bioderma Atoderm

Lush hot cloth cleanser Ultrabland

Cetaphil or Clinique cleansing balm and

Clinique redness reducing creams

Pai Calming range cleanser, tonic and moisturiser

La Roche Posay Wear high SPF

Avene products (not aveeno) moisturiser 'extremely compensating cream'

Bourgeois 123 cc cream.

Hada labo premium hyaluronic serum,

Sand and Sky pink clay mask

davidbyrneswhitesuit Sun 12-Nov-17 17:09:37

Acupuncture - amazing smile

rubybleu Sun 12-Nov-17 19:05:33

I also have rosacea. Finacea is good but unfortunately the only thing that will deal with the redness is laser treatment.

ilovebruuuceandbags Sun 12-Nov-17 19:09:08

I have Rosacea and find that when i'm on lymacycline (antibiotics) for it, that is the only real thing that helps. Clinique Even Better foundation and Benefit Boi-ing concealer (advertised as industrial strength!) does a good job of covering up. I am finding the pink nivea face wash is fine and nivea sensitive moisturiser is ok too. Clinique moisturisers/cleansers made it worse but weirdly that foundation does not aggravate my skin.

Textpectation Sun 12-Nov-17 19:29:38

I can't have laser treatment. I had some years ago for thread veins. I have a blood disorder.

margaritasbythesea Sun 12-Nov-17 20:09:57

Do you wear spf every day?

Textpectation Sun 12-Nov-17 20:30:52

Yep Sunsense tinted moisturiser.

It's a hot flush or blush but all of the time.

HighburyHattie Sun 12-Nov-17 20:50:50

Lush fomo or rosy cheeks face masks

margaritasbythesea Sun 12-Nov-17 21:57:23

For a temporary fix, my Spanish dermatologist prescribed a cream called Mirvaso which temporarily constricts the blood vessels but it is very expensive (50 euro) and he told me to use it only infrequently. I am sorry but I don´t know if is avaiable in the UK. I keep it for occacional public speaking things I have had to do.

BWatchWatcher Mon 13-Nov-17 08:12:14

Textpectation, do you think there is the possibility that the blushing could be part of your blood condition?
I found drinking lots of water and going to the gym helps but I suspect that's because it is a stress reducer. Stress is a major factor for me. sad

rubybleu Mon 13-Nov-17 09:08:40

Dermatologists can give systemic medication for flushing - beta blockers and other things. There’s a good UK Facebook group for rosacea that might be worth investigating?

ManInTheMoonMarigold Mon 13-Nov-17 11:07:31

I like Stila One Step Correct serum for toning redness down. It's very light and wont hide redness, etc. completely, but it takes the edge off.

My skin tone is quite pink anyway, and it makes me a less pink and blotchy version of me, rather than making me weirdly orange or turning me into the corpse bride.

I prefer it to the Bourgeois 123 cream which does a better job at covering redness, but slightly dries and irritates my skin, leaving it redder underneath.

EmGee Mon 13-Nov-17 13:35:47

I would start off with some anti-redness products from a pharmaceutical brand e.g. Avène. I have used their products for years since a dermatologist recommended them. I now just use the anti-rougeur daily moisturiser and a sensitive skin cleanser from LRP. But in the past I have used this specific anti-redness cream from Avène

Textpectation Tue 14-Nov-17 22:37:37

BWatchWatcher you make a good point, I'll check.

The redness started before the medication I'm on but the rosacea spots and dryness are under control (thank goodness).

I'll check the rosacea FB pages, avene creme, Stila One Step Correct serum and Mirvaso. I can't take anything stronger than paracetamol.

lovingmatleave Tue 14-Nov-17 23:41:01

Paula's choice redness range might help and I like their clear extra strength exfolient. www.paulaschoice.co.uk/exfoliants/products
I have that and their redness relief moisturiser full size. I had samples of most the redness range and found that they toned down redness when all used together and with the exfoliant but have run out of samples and the moisturiser on its own isn't doing much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now