Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Foundation / tinted moisturiser that doesn't pill

(2 Posts)
LockedOutOfMN Sun 12-Nov-17 13:17:14

I have dry skin and rarely wear foundation or tinted moisturiser. I like ones that are light and don't mind if the coverage is quite light.

However, everything I've tried seems to "pill". I've tried matching water-based and oil-based foundations with primers, or not using primer, letting moisturiser sink in for 30 mins., mixing with moisturiser, skipping moisturiser altogether under foundation, and every time I get the "pilling", even if I dab on the product really gently with fingertip / wet sponge / dry sponge / wet brush / dry brush.

Has anyone else had the same problem and how did you solve it?

(Moisturiser is No. 7 protect and perfect; I love it but would switch to another one for under foundation if it was proven to stop the pilling!)

toriah Sun 12-Nov-17 14:02:12

I use bare minerals complexion rescue gel, with prime time primer under, I find it really good. I have very sensitive skin, so currently use simple moisturiser under, or cetaphil cream.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: