Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Your Stila recommendations

(10 Posts)
applespearsbears Sun 12-Nov-17 11:12:24

I’ve lusted after Stila make up / skin care for a while and decided to ask for some as a Christmas treat.., what are your best buys?
I’ve pale ish normal skin and mid 40’s. I like the look of the illuminating beauty balm, the stay all day lipstick. I need something that will last a work day
Thanks!

Fishfingersandwich3 Sun 12-Nov-17 12:27:52

I love the liquid metal eyeshadows, they dry down and don’t budge and can either be spread thinly for a subtle sparkle or really layered up for a dazzling Christmas party look!

applespearsbears Sun 12-Nov-17 17:19:40

Thanks, have you tried any other products?

JesusTapdancingChrist Sun 12-Nov-17 17:23:00

Their brow markers are amazing. The shade range is quite crap but the actual product is fabulous, stays all day and the nib is so precise you can draw the most natural looking hair strokes with it.

Their convertible cream blushers are also brilliant.

The metal eyeshadows mentioned above are ace. I don't rate their regular shadows though.

And I hate the matte liquid lipsticks as they're dry and cakey but that's the same for 99.9% of liquid lipsticks.

HighburyHattie Sun 12-Nov-17 17:25:59

Their primer, foundation & concealer were really popular - I haven’t tried them though.

I have some liquid lipsticks. I love them, have repurchased around 4 times over the years. Very good shout.

Their liquid eyeshadows are probably their best product. They’re unreal - a metallic stream of colour & glitter. I have the Rose Gold one.

Have also heard that their liquid eyeliners are nice too - they also come in loads of colours including white! Which is rare tbh

I would avoid their eyeshadow palettes as they seem hit & miss

applespearsbears Sun 12-Nov-17 18:07:38

Fantastic thanks all! I’m thinking of ordering from M&S so I can get the beauty advent as well but their range is a bit limited

stoplickingthetelly Sun 12-Nov-17 21:01:45

I have one of their convertible cheek and lip colours that I quite like.

mumprocrastinating Sun 12-Nov-17 21:57:39

The illuminating beauty balm is fabulous. Just sinks into my skin, hydrating, makes my skin look like I have naturally amazing skin without any makeup.

applespearsbears Sun 12-Nov-17 22:29:12

It was so hard to choose but I went for the illuminating serum and stay all day shine lipstick set. I want all of it!

bananafish81 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:58:21

I've been wearing Stila kitten eyeshadow almost daily since I was 18 (I've just turned 36)

The older packaging (before they got bought out) was brilliant - I loved the little cardboard pots with the removable pans (to pop into a palette) with inspirational quotes

It's my HG shadow, I always have a backup pan just in case I drop one not that I've ever done this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now