Talk

Advanced search

Any hairdressers about? Nanokeratin straightening question

(1 Post)
shouldaknownbetter Sun 12-Nov-17 10:50:22

I recently had the nanokeratin straightening treatment and I love it, my hair is glossy and smooth and whilst not the 100% poker straight advertised, it's a damn sight better than before and only 5 mins with the straightening irons to get it looking good.

There is one fly in the ointment however. I have scalp psoriasis which I've kept under control for years using medicated shampoo. I was told by my hairdresser that I need to use keratin-friendly products, and I've tried to use a variety of keratin friendly shampoos but the scalp psoriasis has come back with a vengeance, my scalp is itchy and inflamed with horrible crusty patches. So I've had to go back to the medicated shampoo for the sake of not being in discomfort all the time.

Question is - will this really bugger up the straightening treatment? I'm hoping it won't make too much difference, maybe just it will not take as long before the treatment wears off? I'd hate to think I've wasted my money plus I do love it straight so want to have this treatment regularly now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now