Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What's a bit like and Irregular Choice shoe...

(13 Posts)
custardlover Sat 11-Nov-17 22:31:03

But isn’t one? I like the shape of their courts - the ones that look a bit pantomime dame but the heels are higher- I think they make the ankle look more slender and shapely. But, I’m not one for the pearls and lace and pom-poms and gubbins. I’d love an IR choice shoe in a nice dark tweed or a navy houndstooth or just plain black / green / red. Colour is fine and one or two embellishments also cool (one bow or a single ribbon or something) but not the entire contents of hobbycraft.

Any suggestions?

Juststopit Sat 11-Nov-17 22:32:40

Try Ruby Shoo. I m about to order a pair so not sure if the quality. I love Irtegular Choice though and have promised myself a pair in 2018!

Littlebatcalledlucille Sat 11-Nov-17 22:33:24

Does freckled Betty help?

SerendipityFelix Sat 11-Nov-17 22:36:37

Ruby Shoo are really lovely, very good quality and excellent value for money I may have 4 pairs

SerendipityFelix Sat 11-Nov-17 23:45:01

make that 5 I'm half a bottle of wine down and no willpower

sleepnowplease Sat 11-Nov-17 23:49:05

Another vote for Ruby shoo. They are much more subtle than irregular choice and a reasonable price

crumbsinthecutlerydrawer Sat 11-Nov-17 23:59:48

I had this pair years ago. They were very pinchy but I did love them. They were meant to be my wedding shoes. Sold them and never did get married.

Sorry, not helpful.

Mumthedogsbeensick Sun 12-Nov-17 00:01:46

Joe Browns have some tweedy ones on the Debenhams website for around £40

Fozzleyplum Sun 12-Nov-17 00:05:43

Chie Mihara might well do something suitable.

SerendipityFelix Sun 12-Nov-17 06:37:40

Ooh Joe Browns are in Debs now? I love their style but their sizing (clothing, not shoes - I assume!) is all over the place to ordering online is a minefield. Might make a detour if they have a range in store.

FormerlyFrikadela01 Sun 12-Nov-17 08:40:24

Maybe check out poetic license. I believe they're owned by the same company as irregular choice but are a bit more toned down.

DaisyRenton18 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:43:38

Irregular Choice do do plain shoes too... They have a beautiful plain black pair that I'm desperately coveting ever since I tried them on and they were incredibly comfy. When I have a spare £90 they will be the first thing I buy!
I have Ruby Shoo ones too and although they're very nice (especially for the price; often £30-40 on Amazon) I do find they hurt after a day at work - I am on my feet for at least 8 hours a day though so it depends what you need from your shoes. I can go about 5 hours on my feet before the Ruby Shoos start to hurt.

DaisyRenton18 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:48:19

Just had a look on the IC site. Doddle Dots are the shoes I want, I think, but the plain black Kanjanka ones look nice too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: