Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Black or Nude Tights?

(12 Posts)
TheOtherGirl Sat 11-Nov-17 22:23:58

Going to a ball in 2 weeks. I'm wearing a black dress from Zara, high neck, loose mesh sleeves and sits just above the knee. It's relatively plain so I am spicing it up with some ornate dangly ear-rings.

But I also want to wear some gorgeous embroidered red Karen Millen pointy mules too.

Thing is, do I go black or nude tights? But not sure this would work with mules as would they stay on my feet??? I could get my legs spray tanned and go bare, but it's a winter ball and I just wouldn't feel comfortable.

Any clever ideas?

NC4now Sat 11-Nov-17 22:27:14

Are the shoes open toed?

neveradullmoment99 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:28:32

You could try a very fine fishnet tights however since you have mesh sleeves, not sure if that would work?

IJoinedJustToPostThis Sat 11-Nov-17 22:28:43

I wouldn't wear black tights to a ball. Nudes or nothing.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:29:14

Mules may be very awkward with tights and may slip.

Hellywelly10 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:44:26

Nude tights answer different shoes.

Hellywelly10 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:44:52

And not answering

TheOtherGirl Sun 12-Nov-17 09:52:52

The mules are closed toe. I have tried them on with tights and they're too slippy. Damn.

Still, now it means I get to buy new fancy shoes smile

neveradullmoment99 Sun 12-Nov-17 10:09:40

Go for shoes with some sparkle? Sparkle at the heel might be nice and if they are black then you could just wear black tights.

Chewbecca Sun 12-Nov-17 10:35:12

Can't wear black tights with red shoes, no. If you really want to wear the shoes, I'd say bare legs with fake tan if they are 'blue'.

LockedOutOfMN Sun 12-Nov-17 13:22:06

Nude tights and something inside the shoe to stop them from slipping?

Definitely not black tights.

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Sun 12-Nov-17 17:04:48

This may not be helpful if you’re really set on the Zara dress but I’d always wear a full length dress to a ball. I mean you can wear an above-the-knee dress any day!

I like to seize every opportunity to overdress, mind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now