Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Alpha H liquid gold

(20 Posts)
Piratesandpants Sat 11-Nov-17 20:39:53

I’ve used this for a week or so. Spectacularly unimpressed, hasn’t done anything apart from made my skin a bit worse. Should I continue, will it get better? Thanks.

Baileystruffle Sat 11-Nov-17 22:28:10

I think you're only supposed to use it twice a week maximum or its overkill. Why not try it for a few weeks using it only twice a week and see

neveradullmoment99 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:31:03

I bought it and was very disappointed with it. Its rubbish despite the rave reviews.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:32:48

Honestly -try superdrug glycolic pads. Just superb in comparison and a fraction of the price.

resevoircats Sat 11-Nov-17 22:45:27

I think it is supposed to bring out the worst in your skin as it breaks down dead skin cells. I’d stick with it for a few weeks.
If you’re looking for something stronger I’d recommend Sunday Riley Good Genes, you can get a sample from any Space NK.

Housewife2010 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:47:06

I really like it. I use it twice a week and don't add anything on top (except eyecream). I have dry skin and it helps my skin to look brighter.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:49:22

It's improved my skin, I used it once a week, twice max, and don't moisturise after, I use it at night, and at first my skin did flare up, but I stuck with it and now it's improved.

Piratesandpants Sat 11-Nov-17 22:50:39

Thank you. I think I might need something stronger. My skin tolerates retinoids really well and I generally have the skin of a rhino.

Piratesandpants Sat 11-Nov-17 22:51:19

I know alpha h isn’t a retinoid!

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:51:51

I have combination skin, my skin is all sorts from oily, to dry to dehydrated, but the skincare has helped, I use the elemis or Emma hardie cleansing balm and the Liz earle skin repair moisturiser, for a face mask I use the Himalayan charcoal one from The Body shop, it's great.

Leilaniii Sat 11-Nov-17 22:53:30

The main active is glycolic acid, which works as a peel.

What are you hoping to achieve, OP? There might be something better out there for you.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:57:19

If Glycolic acid doesn't work for you try a Salicylic acid, perhaps one like,
Paula's choice.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:58:48

I use my acids as an exfoliater so use Pixi Glow tonic nearly everyday and the days I don't use it I use the Alpha H liquid gold. I only use the glow tonic once a day though.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:59:31

Also remember to use a good suncream/ sunscreen when using acids.

WillowWeeping Sat 11-Nov-17 23:01:28

This wrecked my face.

Used it after getting a sample in the M&S beauty calendar. Went skiing a few weeks later and even with super strength sunscreen it made my face red and blotchy

Piratesandpants Sat 11-Nov-17 23:09:43

I have acne prone skin but not oily. My skin is quite rough, like porridge. Hoping to achieve smoother skin.

questionbasket Sat 11-Nov-17 23:15:53

Oh I love this stuff. It makes my skin look amazing overnight.

BriechonCheese Sun 12-Nov-17 00:26:27

I found it did nothing - I may as well use water.
Pixi Glow tonic worked where this didn't but I've switched to Salicylic Acid from The Ordinary as a treatment for my spotty face and it worked after two treatments! I could feel it working straight away. I now use loads of their products and can feel them working away and they are dirt cheap.

Wellhellothere1 Sun 12-Nov-17 08:40:54

I hate this stuff! I didn't realise it was full of alcohol when I bought it (why didn't I check?!!). I don't think anyone with wrinkles should put a product with alcohol on their skin. I made an expensive mistake.

Mulberrysilk Sun 12-Nov-17 10:31:52

I think its fantastic stuff. My skin feels lovely after it. I use it around twice a week and use Retin A every second night. The cotton pad need to be quite wet and I dab it on rather than wipe it over the skin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: