Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Are all dry shampoos created equal?

(23 Posts)
user1471546359 Sat 11-Nov-17 18:05:17

I seem to be using dry shampoo a lot more recently (since going back to work after second maternity leave and needing the extra time every other day generated by not washing hair!). I’ve been using a little bottle of the main brand (Ba something).
Are they all the same or are there any recommendations for really good ones? I have brown fine jaw length hair if that affects anything!

CurlsLDN Sat 11-Nov-17 18:08:42

Def not all equal! I prefer batiste, sounds like what you are using already. I often dabble In other brands and hate them! They do nothing, or leave your hair all plasticky and weird.

I also find the original batiste better than the brunette stuff even though I have dark brown hair, as the brunette stuff just leaves me with a dirty forehead and fingers

Fekko Sat 11-Nov-17 18:09:46

Aussie made my scalp very dry and scaly. Batiste is nice though and some smells really nice.

NoParticularPattern Sat 11-Nov-17 18:15:01

I like Batiste the best (any of the standard smelly ones but not the volume/ coloured ones). I also like Lidl’s dry shampoo. It makes my hair feel a little more straw like than the Batiste, but sometimes budget won’t stretch to Batiste and it does a good job. Smells nice too!

I haven’t tried the Aussie one but I can wholeheartedly recommend you don’t ever try the Boots own brand one. It’s bloody awful and makes my hair very straw like and almost grippy. It’s very weird! Can’t get a brush through it after I use it!

PNGirl Sat 11-Nov-17 18:25:10

I like Colab, sold in Superdrug.

AuntieStella Sat 11-Nov-17 18:28:39

I'm pretty loyal to Batiste.

I was disappointed with the Aussie one, but both Asda and Wilko own brands are fine.

user1471546359 Sat 11-Nov-17 18:29:20

Yes Batiste that’s what I have! Glad to hear it’s the right choice smile

Fekko Sat 11-Nov-17 18:30:24

Aussie really made my hair and scalp horribly dry. Sad because their shampoo and conditioner is great.

DelphiniumBlue Sat 11-Nov-17 18:32:02

Batiste. I think I've got it in Pound land or similar sometimes, its worth keeping an eye open for deals.

wizzywig Sat 11-Nov-17 18:33:10

Bumble and bumble one is the only one that works for me. Batiste & philip kingsley dry shampoo just dont work. My hair goes greasy after an hour.

dantdmistedious Sat 11-Nov-17 18:34:47

The Aussie one made my hair all sticky and hard - awful.

Love batiste. I use it every day as it helps my very fine hair look better.

CatCoriander Sat 11-Nov-17 18:35:16

I have tried Philip Kingsley One More Day from M&S when it has been on offer. It’s nice but no better than Batiste and costs ££££.

Watto1 Sat 11-Nov-17 18:38:34

I've always used Batiste but the other day at work I realised that my hair looked a bit greasy. I borrowed a colleague's tin of Wilko's own brand dry shampoo. I was really impressed with it.

ggirl Sat 11-Nov-17 18:52:00

I like CoLAb cos there is no white to rub away

hayli Sat 11-Nov-17 18:53:14

colab colab colab. Affordable as well! smile

CakesRUs Sat 11-Nov-17 18:55:54

You can’t beat Batiste IMO.

DancingHouse Sat 11-Nov-17 20:59:45

I find Wilco's own better than bastise. Less white stuff and smells nicer.

CurlsLDN Sat 11-Nov-17 21:08:41

I Hated the Aussie one too!

youchangeyourusername Sat 11-Nov-17 21:41:22

Lee Stafford does a good one. I need to get some actually.

district Sat 11-Nov-17 22:01:04

I highly recommend the Toni & Guy one. White bottle, green writing. It’s the only one I’ve found that makes my hair actually look clean, plus gives really good volume. The Batiste ones make my hair greasier confused

StatueInTheSky Sat 11-Nov-17 22:05:57

i love all the batiste ones, and just discovered the "blonde" one...I think that is my favourite now.

Also not keen on the Aussie one, I bought that as it was a travel size, but won't replace it

and the one that goes with the purple shampoo for grey/blonde hair, also not very good, it smells weird, and just made my hair lank!

Pollaidh Sat 11-Nov-17 22:08:54

Klorane, a French brand I think, is oat-based and has a very natural smell. I find it works well, and unlike most of the others it doesn't give me a migraine.

Cakescakescakes Sat 11-Nov-17 23:36:37

Klorane all the way. It’s a bit dearer but is SO much better than Colman, Batiste etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: