Talk

Advanced search

Nivea moisturiser (blue tub)

(20 Posts)
Curiousgeorgey Sat 11-Nov-17 17:22:10

Anyone else swear by this?

As a teenager with no money I bought this moisturiser for my face. Few pounds for a big tub that lasts for ages.

As I aged I tried to update my skincare products but absolutely everything makes my skin dry and flakey. I always go back to my nivea.

I love it and have recommended it to others but they dont agree. They say its too rich and it is but it takes my face from tight to extremely moisturised.

Wondered if others used this? I feel like I should start to move to an anti wrinkle cream and ill pay the price for using such a basic moisturiser in years to come.

HoundOfTheBasketballs Sat 11-Nov-17 17:25:35

I don’t use it in the daytime as I do find it too rich.
But I swear by it for night time moisturising, definitely.
I think genetics, sleep and hydration affect how your skin ages more than anything else so I’m not going to be sucked in my expensive anti-ageing creams.

BeerBaby Sat 11-Nov-17 17:27:49

Yep love it! It's my go to moisturiser.

Mascarawandlady Sat 11-Nov-17 17:30:25

My mum swears by it.

oldcrownie Sat 11-Nov-17 17:32:17

I have dry, sensitive skin and I have used it for as long as I can remember. Tried others but always come back to nivea.

MrMeeseekscando Sat 11-Nov-17 17:32:25

After years of spending up to £50 a lot on posh moisturiser I've gone back to nivea in the blue tin.
Only at night as it's so rich, I use one of the nivea day time ones in the morning. My skin has never been so soft and flake free. (I have very dry skin, it flakes easily)
I wish I'd noticed years ago how good it was, I'd have saved a fortune!

Candlelight234 Sat 11-Nov-17 17:46:45

Yes my mum has used it for years and she's got fab skin for 70. Ive used the lighter Nivea soft for a good few years and wouldn't swap either,

Wolfiefan Sat 11-Nov-17 17:47:31

Me! I have eczema and it's one of the very few my skin can tolerate.

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Sat 11-Nov-17 17:52:44

I love nivea creme, I use it every night. I sometimes put it on thick like a mask and leave it while watching film, my face feels amazing after.

My 7 year old son has eczema and we slather it on his hand and feet then put socks over while he's in bed and it keeps them in good knick

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 11-Nov-17 17:52:58

Yes I love it. Not just on my face, I use it everywhere! It's a great hand cream too. I was thrilled to spot small tubs of it in my local Poundshop grin

PurplePillowCase Sat 11-Nov-17 17:54:45

I love it on my eczema prone hands. and as night cream on my face.
it's rich but sinks in well.

oldlaundbooth Sat 11-Nov-17 17:55:07

It's the bomb.

CotswoldStrife Sat 11-Nov-17 17:55:34

Love it, I have dry skin and even use Decleor oil under it! It is a fab handcream as ILostIt said too.

dangerrabbit Sat 11-Nov-17 18:14:44

I use it as a face wash and put it on as a mask then wipe off with a warm flannel.

WesternMeadowlark Sat 11-Nov-17 18:59:49

Me too! Finding a moisturiser that my combination skin will absorb at all is a pain, but it likes Nivea night cream.

I've started using Lidl's Q10 night cream as a body moisturiser lately, too, and that looks like another hit so far. Either better or no different to any previous moisturisers in results, but it soaks in much more quickly.

crumble26 Sat 11-Nov-17 19:02:52

Growing up in Germany, you get this slathered on your face for your walk to nursery in the winter, it’s a scent you grow up with. I still always carry a mini tub with me.

PerfumeIsAMessage Sat 11-Nov-17 23:29:37

Yes, though prefer Astral.
Don't like Nivea Soft though as is toi highly perfumed.
The q10 cream.is good too, and just as effective as more expensive creams.

dudsville Sat 11-Nov-17 23:31:52

It's so good. Misery be a cult beauty item surely?

cuirderussie Sat 11-Nov-17 23:33:51

I am slathered in it as we speak. I've tried all sorts of fancy crap but always come back to Nivea.

BriechonCheese Sun 12-Nov-17 00:22:57

Love both it and Astral.
Used Nivea Soft as a teen and it stood me well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now