Talk

Advanced search

Soap advice, please.

(8 Posts)
AuntieDiluvial Sat 11-Nov-17 11:44:37

Advice gleaned from the MN Gurus tells me to try using block soap for my sweaty, stinky pits and bits, but to make sure it's not the sort of soap that is shower-gel-in-a-bar or loaded with moisturiser.

I've avoided soaps for years, as I found them horribly drying.

I'm allergic to fragrances, so my choice is limited. Yesterday I bought a handful of different fragrance-free block soaps.

I started with the Simple one. It was really difficult to rinse off. My hands felt slimy. Does this mean it has moisturiser in it? How do I tell?

Haffiana Sat 11-Nov-17 17:39:54

I haven't tried the Simple one as I have never liked any of their products, ever. However according to its ingredient list it should be fine - it is a true soap. Do you have very soft water?

Both the Waitrose ones are very good.

AuntieDiluvial Sat 11-Nov-17 18:06:31

Ah-ha - I have a water softener! Which, from experience tells me that this soap would probably be good for me to use when I'm staying somewhere with hard water, eg visiting family.

What ingredients do you look out for?

ReinettePompadour Sat 11-Nov-17 18:22:46

I like french marseille soap. The donkey milk ones are very good for sensitive skin and not perfumed although is a sweet smelling soap. I can buy it locally but should be online somewhere.

DancingHouse Sun 12-Nov-17 15:26:12

ReinettePompador you can buy the French Marseille soap from MrFrenchSoap on Facebook. I originally bought some at a local market but will order when I run out. The verbena and the pavot are lovely.

LoniceraJaponica Sun 12-Nov-17 15:28:31

Holland and Barrett do very good soaps for sensitive skin. And they are bars of soap, not wash bars or cleansing bars or whatever you want to call them.

Please use the Dr Salts one and tell me what you think! I really like their bubble bath.

ReinettePompadour Sun 12-Nov-17 16:13:35

Thank you DancingHouse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now