Talk

Advanced search

Charlotte Tilbury Lipsticks - are they any good?

(13 Posts)
ChardonnaysPrettySister Sat 11-Nov-17 08:58:36

I keep seeing them recommended but whenever I have a browse at a counter they always seem a but muddy and samey with lots of brown undertones. Or am I wrong?
Which one works for you and why?

Maudlinmaud Sat 11-Nov-17 09:02:09

Tell Laura is my favourite, it's a tomato red, I put it on with a lip brush and it lasts all day. I've bought a friend a mini set for Christmas because she had been lusting after some.

Housewife2010 Sat 11-Nov-17 09:10:09

I have Pillow Talk but it is quite drying. The packaging is quite light and feels quite cheap for the price. I much prefer the M &S Rosie for Autograph lipsticks. They are comfortable and moisturising and have gorgeous heavy rose gold packaging. Lady Rose is a gorgeous everyday neutral pink.

trumptown Sat 11-Nov-17 09:17:36

I love the Charlotte T ones. Nudes, browny, pinks etc are the only lipstick colours I go for really. I have pillow talk and perfect bitch, plus 2 of the matte liquid ones in browny neutral shades.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sat 11-Nov-17 09:20:30

Pillow talk and Bitch perfect?
Aren't they very similar?

ManInTheMoonMarigold Sat 11-Nov-17 09:50:11

Pillow Talk is pinker than Bitch Perfect and it's a matte.

I do agree that neutral nude shades make up a disproportionately large part of the lipstick collections, but I think nude lips are kind of her personal aesthetic so she has made a collection in which everyone can find a nude that particularly suits them.

I have Bitch Perfect, Stoned Rose, Tell Laura and Lost Cherry, so two quite neutral ones and two proper colours. I don't wear a lot of neutral shades, so I'm not that drawn to many others, but the ones I have I wear a lot because they just feel nice to wear - not sticky or heavy or patchy and they last well.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sat 11-Nov-17 10:30:47

Is Stoned Rose purplish IRL?

I'm actually after a nude pink mauve. There was a lovely one Naomi Watts wore on Gipsy, it was actually the best thing about the series, and they showed CT lipstick in her bathroom, so I think it's a CT one.

Carpaccio Sat 11-Nov-17 14:33:56

Some of the lipsticks are great, others not so great.

I have a few of the lipsticks, and I find some of them look uneven on the lips. Kim K and Miranda May are especially bad at this.
I also have Pillow Talk, The Queen, Shanghai Nights, Valentine and they are fine.

I don't think they are any better than any other lipstick on the market.

questionbasket Sat 11-Nov-17 14:37:04

I've got penelope pink which is always sold out (I only got it because I paid £££££££ on other stuff and a set). It's way, way overrated

trumptown Sat 11-Nov-17 15:33:36

Yes they are similar Chardonnay but then I have 100s of variations on pink/brown/nude so I could probably say the same about most of my make-up purchases! I also own most of Bobbi Brown's range in those colours grin

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sat 11-Nov-17 16:50:28

I'm the same with red lipsticks, I have at least a dozen, all with very subtle variations.

Useless with nudes though.

trumptown Sat 11-Nov-17 20:43:05

I have never tried red. Maybe I should branch out!

madmomma Sat 11-Nov-17 21:23:19

I don't find them anything special. I have bitch perfect, to go with the pillow talk liner, and whilst I think the liner is great, the lippy is meh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now