Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Uniqlo legging trousers - opinions?

(13 Posts)
fatfingeredfran Fri 10-Nov-17 21:46:17

Hi,

I’m apple shaped and jeans often don’t stay up as I have no bum! I find lighter fabrics stay up and fit me much better. I’ve come across these: https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/women/bottoms/leggings-trousers?productSelected=402688COL58. Anyone tried them? Any reviews/opinions of them? Thanks!

chloechloe Fri 10-Nov-17 21:54:05

I bought some recently after hearing everyone raving about Uniqlo on here! I really like them, although annoyingly I'm between sizes.

I think they could work for you. They look like trousers with pockets and a button but you pull them on like leggings. So they should stay up!

With Uniqlo knitwear I would say you need to size up whereas I would say the leggings trousers are true to size, of possibly in the generous side. Best to order a couple of sizes to see what fits best.

taybert Fri 10-Nov-17 22:02:30

I’m a pear and mine fall down though possibly due to being in between sizes. I have just seen the high waisted velvet ones which look promising though.

bananafish81 Sat 11-Nov-17 00:19:49

I have them in 4 different colours and practically live in them

I'm a different size and shape but they're so versatile and so comfy, I can't recommend them enough

Pistachiois50pmore Sat 11-Nov-17 00:30:18

The high waisted velvet ones are amazing and are very well made. Much better quality than usual: they look and feel like normal trousers.

They did cord ones last year that were good too, but sadly weren't high waisted which makes a big difference.

The normal leggings trousers are handy but are more like "one up from leggings" - comfy and easy to wear for running mum errands and going to soft play but thinner fabric and look a bit scruffy after 3-4 months.

fatfingeredfran Sat 11-Nov-17 11:19:34

Thanks I’ll give them a shot

earlybirdhasanap Sat 11-Nov-17 13:43:34

I don't normally like leggings and bought these by mistake. I love them.

rightknockered Sat 11-Nov-17 16:44:05

I really like the look of the uniqlo velvet leggings, but can anyone tell me - is "natural" black, or some sort of beige colour?

Tsuipenongin Sat 11-Nov-17 18:03:19

What’s the sizing like on them? I’m usually a 10 and am scared the small might be too tight on me.

chloechloe Sat 11-Nov-17 19:35:38

I would say that the sizing is fairly standard to generous, especially in comparison to say Uniqlo knitwear where you need to size up.

I'm a 10 hourglass with big hips and skinny legs and would say I'm between S and M, but nearer to S. The S is a little bit tight so is not as comfy but looks better. The M is a little too big but really comfy. I would suggest you order both and see what you prefer.

Tsuipenongin Sat 11-Nov-17 19:48:39

Thankyou.

Mugmugmugmug Sat 11-Nov-17 20:34:49

I'm a 12 and can fit into a small. I'd say sizing is generous. I love my velvet ones! Going to get another pair

fatfingeredfran Sun 12-Nov-17 10:57:23

Hmm I’m a 14 and it sure if I’d need M or L... will order both and return one x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: