Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Knee high boots for fat of calf?

(19 Posts)
MyGastIsFlabbered Fri 10-Nov-17 20:04:03

I’ve got fat calves but really want some knee high boots. I have wide feet too so can’t order anything online. Any tips?

Notreallyarsed Fri 10-Nov-17 20:05:11

I got mine from Simply Be, they do wide fit in various widths and also various calf widths. They’re bloody brilliant!

Housewife2010 Fri 10-Nov-17 21:35:26

Duoboots.com

sourpatchkid Fri 10-Nov-17 21:51:50

Primark - wide fit

Diechman

Evans

Yours

YouCantArgueWithStupid Fri 10-Nov-17 21:52:50

I have the fattest calves ever! These fit me...

RandomMess Fri 10-Nov-17 21:54:22

Duo boots are the way to go

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Fri 10-Nov-17 21:57:02

Evans do wide fit feet and calf boots! I can buy online with confidence as I know their size fits me!

PaperdollCartoon Fri 10-Nov-17 22:58:30

I am large of calve but fairly small of foot, but love a knee high boot - my Ted&Muffy/Duoboots one’s are honestly the best investment I’ve made in ages. Yes they were expensive but there so well made and will last for years. Took a couple of weeks to break in and now they’re so comfortable.

I have these in a 42cm calf, I like that they’re not so tall in the leg because I’m not either. I really want the Siren as well...

duoboots.com/collections/womens-boots/products/kestrel-black-leather

PaperdollCartoon Fri 10-Nov-17 22:59:25

For wide foot as well SimplyBe is your friend - they off lots of foot and calf widths and easy to return. No reason you can’t buy online, just sent them back if they’re not right!

Garlicansapphire Fri 10-Nov-17 22:59:49

Clarks - they have elastication on half leg and look very nice. Been getting them for years...

BarbaraOcumbungles Fri 10-Nov-17 23:01:19

Jilsen 👍🏼

millifiori Fri 10-Nov-17 23:01:35

Clarks. The ones with some elastic strips down the back of the boot. I can even tuck skinny jeans into them.

Merida83 Fri 10-Nov-17 23:04:26

Ted&Muffy - expensive but do customise foot width ankle width calf width.

Best money I have ever spent. And long term my favourite item of clothing ever!

DarkLikeVader Fri 10-Nov-17 23:09:02

I wouldn't recommend Duo/Ted & Muffy - I've had three pairs, the first pair the heel broke, the second two pairs the sole came away after very little wear. in fact I've just sent my last pair back as they'd repaired them free of charge and not 6 wears later the sole is coming away again! Very disappointing quality for the price.

problembottom Fri 10-Nov-17 23:11:05

I have had some Gabor boots from John Lewis for years, would recommend.

problembottom Fri 10-Nov-17 23:14:11

These are they:

m.johnlewis.com/gabor-astoria-block-heeled-knee-high-boots-black/p3272839

carolhere Fri 10-Nov-17 23:28:49

+1 for Clarks. My mom uses them and it looks great on her only they haven't got much of a heel, if you need that too.

QueenofLouisiana Sat 11-Nov-17 06:58:40

I’ve bought a great pair from Sainsburys in the past. I haven’t looked to see if they have them again this year though.

Honeycake50 Sat 11-Nov-17 07:47:11

I got slouch boots from MandS to wear casually with dresses. Will look at the rest mentioned on here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: