Talk

Advanced search

Any great, cheap palettes out there?

(8 Posts)
Hairq Fri 10-Nov-17 18:30:15

I'm in need of some new eyeshadow and would like to buy a palette - warm tones for smoky eyes would be best for me. Are there any really good eyeshadow palettes along those lines out there that are under £15?

Kochicoo Sat 11-Nov-17 09:02:41

I haven't tried them myself but whilst searching for a gift (with similar requirements) I've come across a couple of Makeup Revolution ones in Superdrug. Their palettes seem to get really good reviews.

fredabear Sat 11-Nov-17 09:05:39

NYX meant to be every bit as the much lauded urban decay

PNGirl Sat 11-Nov-17 09:27:33

Makeup Revolution are brilliant. I recommend these.

dupe of Urban Decay Smokey

dupe of Lorac pro

PNGirl Sat 11-Nov-17 09:29:50

Also a great warm toned choice - link

CantSleepClownsWillEatMe Sat 11-Nov-17 10:48:13

I started using some of the Sleek palletes about 18 months ago and I have to say I think they’re very good for the price (about £8 - £10 in boots). Agree the NYX ones are good too, I’ve bought a couple of their “full throttle” 4 shadow palettes and really like them. I also like NYX shadow primer.

Inglot eyeshadows are definitely worth a look too. I’d always walked past because the colors on display are very full on and but their shadows are highly recommended by MUAs according to a friend in the industry. I should say that IMO some of the demos/tutorials on the Inglot site don’t do them justice at all as their makeup artists tend to go for the troweled on look that so many teens and twenty somethings seem to go for hmm. Take a look at their Freedom system - I’ve put together a handy little shadow and brow palette that I use daily for work.

helly29 Sat 11-Nov-17 10:51:24

Not tried them but have heard good things about the zoeva pallettes - about £18 I think.

Eminybob Sat 11-Nov-17 10:55:47

I have this makeup revolution one. It’s great, I use it every day for a natural look, but you can also create some dramatic smokey eyes for a night out.

www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-Eye-Shadow-Palette-Flawless-16G/p/240302

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now