Talk

Advanced search

Swears by: Mumsnet recommends - November 2017

(29 Posts)
AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Nov-17 12:32:04

Hi folks,

Some of you may already receive our weekly Swears By newsletter, which is a round-up of products (predominantly style and beauty goodies) that Mumsnetters have been recommending to each other. But, for those of you who don’t, here’s what MNers have been swearing by this month:

M&S Beauty Advent Calendar, £35 when you spend £35

A calendar packed full of beauty treats from luxury brands.

"I've had the M&S calendar for the last two years and loved it."

"M&S got it spot on for me last year. In the last one I discovered Emma Hardie moringa balm and alpha h liquid gold – they're both now staples in my skincare routine."

If you want to be first to know about the next cult product, you can sign up to the newsletter here.

You can also check out the Swears By page here and last month's thread here.

Mumsnet Swears By is free and independent from advertising but if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here).

Alice & Charlotte

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Nov-17 12:34:33

Uniqlo Heat Tech High Rise Velvet Trousers, £24.90

Velvet leggings that look like trousers, with Heat Tech insulation

"I bought three pairs and I'm not going to wear anything else all winter!"

"I've got the black ones, they're comfy, smart and warm."

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Nov-17 12:41:22

Hearst Magazine Subscription, £27.99 for a year

Any yearly Hearst magazine subscription is currently half price, plus you'll get free chocolates.

"Red is lovely and my go-to after years of in style subscriptions."

"Got to love Good Housekeeping magazine. I always keep all mine, and am currently reading through a 2014 issue."

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Nov-17 12:43:32

Seasalt Janelle Coat, £150

A fleece-lined knee-length waterproof coat with a flattering adjustable waist.

"Janelle all the way! I find it very warm."

"I’ve just bought this and I love it. It feels warm enough now but has space for extra layers if need be."

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Nov-17 12:45:26

Swears By splurge: All Saints Bales leather jacket, £254.40 (was £318)

A Swears By regular, the Bales leather jacket is a staple in the wardrobe of many Mumsnetters. Loved for its super-soft leather, minimal metalwork, and incredible durability, it's now reduced with 20% off.

"The cost-per-wear of my All Saints biker is negligible – practically free. I've had it for years. I wear it for work over dresses to toughen things up a bit and it has been a trusted workhorse piece."

EleanorMitch17 Tue 14-Nov-17 11:19:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

JamesSMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-Nov-17 15:07:13

F&F Western Low Ankle Boots, £25

Western-inspired ankle boots with a low Cuban heel and elasticated side panels for a great fit

"I picked these up a couple of months ago and have worn them nearly every day since. They make my cankles look slim and are comfy enough to have survived a lot of pavement pounding. They look especially good with black opaque tights. Worth every penny of the £25." KichenDancefloor

JamesSMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-Nov-17 15:15:14

Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant, £20 with discount

A fast absorbing liquid that removes dead skin cells and tackles blackheads

"I wouldn't be without it now I've discovered it. Really changed my skin." whirliegig

Get £5 off and free delivery with code MUMSNETBHA

JamesSMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-Nov-17 15:17:36

Celtic & Co. Easy V-Neck Jumper, £89

Celtic & Co. describe this pure lambswool jumper as a "buy it now, wear it forever" knit - available in six colours.

"I have two Celtic & Co jumpers in geelong wool and can't recommend them highly enough: fitted but slouchy and lovely deep V neck. Not quite as soft as cashmere but not far off and wears a hell of a lot better. And made in the UK too." Floisme

JamesSMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-Nov-17 15:19:40

Homeys slippers, from £33

Slippers with a sturdy sole and cosy fleece lining
"I am a slipper fiend and these are the best and longest lasting I've ever experienced" Dunzo

"I got some after seeing them recommended on MN and they're fab. They have a hard sole for popping outside and a nice fluffy lining to keep your feet warm but not overheated." Topsyloulou

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:03:29

We had a Bumper Black Friday Swears By this week, featuring some of our most popular recommendations from this year with Black Friday discounts.

UGG Wilcox boots, £89 with code (were £165)

Sturdy biker boots with a toasty fleece lining

“I think they are quite flattering. I've been stomping through puddles in them since they arrived on Friday. Love them, so cosy and comfortable. Best boots ever.”

Code: SHINE

(Prices correct at time of posting)

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:06:33

Hush Tara dress, £49 (was £59)

A flattering dress with an adjustable length ruched skirt

"I love, love, love mine. I have both the summer and winter versions and find it so comfy and adaptable." Nearlyadoctor

"I love these dresses - just chuck 'em on, wear with boots and opaques or dress up with heels." WicksEnd74

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:13:57

Nip+Fab Dragon's Blood Serum, £9.97 (was £19.95)

A lightweight serum that hydrates and plumps skin

"The Dragon's Blood Serum from Nip+Fab is my secret weapon. It plumps my skin and makes me look more youthful within an hour." DianaT1969

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:19:57

Boden Richmond trousers, from £37.50 (were £75)

Flattering fitted trousers with added stretch for comfort

"I've got about four pairs, full length and 7/8. I'm tall and a size 12 with a flat bum, enormous love handles and a thick middle and they suit me. They're stretchy and forgiving." mossyroof

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:21:46

Vax Steam Switch Multifunction Steam Mop, £49.99 (was £79.99)

For sparkling floors in a flash

"I'm impressed. It heats up instantly and does the job wonderfully. Stows away neatly in a small cupboard too." MrsBakedBean

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:25:23

W7 IT'S MAGIC! Make Up Remover Cloth, £3.97 (was £7.95)

Removes make up - no potions or lotions needed

"What witchcraft is this?! Soft flannels that completely remove all make-up, even mascara, with just water. They're fantastic." copperthing

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:26:56

All Saint Bales leather biker jacket, £222.60 (was £318)

A sleek biker jacket made from super-soft leather

"The cost-per-wear of my All Saints biker is negligible - practically free. I've had it for years. I wear it for work over dresses to toughen things up a bit and it has been a trusted workhorse piece." DameDoom

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:27:58

Hush Boyfriend jeans, £65 (were £75)

Comfy jeans for everyday style - these are best worn loosely rolled up

"They are the comfiest jeans ever and very flattering." JDSTER

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:29:47

Cloud Nine Hair Straighteners, £109 (were £139)

The ultimate straighteners (and they make cracking curls, too)

“They give lovely soft, bouncy curls like the ones only usually available in fancy hairdressers. They really are the better straighteners.” WhooooAmI24601

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:33:02

Boohoo Mia dress, £10 (was £12)

A versatile, flattering dress - style it for any occasion

"I've got two of these. They're super comfortable, a pretty style, can be dressed up or down, and don't need ironing. I'm wearing one today, I've had it for at least two years and it still looks new." verite

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:34:09

Alpha-H Liquid Gold, £26.80 (was £33.50)

A revitalising, firming lotion that brightens and exfoliates

"Liquid Gold was a complete game changer for me - my skin looks smoother and younger than ever since adding it to my routine." Tantpoke

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:36:20

Tu Luxurious Soft Touch leggings, £7.50 (were £10)

Super-soft leggings that won't fade or sag - now 25% off

"They're the best leggings I've ever tried, and I literally have a drawer full of leggings of various brands and price ranges" Branleuse

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:40:28

iRobot Roomba 650 Vacuum Cleaning Robot, £229.99 (was £379)

The answer to your hoovering woes

“It has revolutionised our house - none of the back breaking hoovering - house gets hoovered everyday. I just put it in a room, shut the door and go out.” another20

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:43:16

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo, £10.72 (was £16)

A spot treatment that corrects and hydrates skin

"I’m in love with La Roche Posay Effaclar. I used it overnight, and I can see the difference already. It has calmed down the redness of my cheek and smoothed out the cystic acne." UtahGirl12

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Dec-17 11:21:21

Moshulu Slippers, from £28.80 with 10% discount

Cosy, colourful slippers with hard soles – made in the UK

"Honestly they are the toastiest and comfiest slippers I've ever had! The soles are fairly sturdy, so they stand up to some light outdoor usage" InMemoryOfSleep

Code: mumstheword

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now