Talk

Advanced search

Missoni

(16 Posts)
Trailedanderror Fri 10-Nov-17 09:48:53

Does anyone have any top tips? I'm finally willowy and off to Milan, won't be able to get to an outlet, so what's to avoid/ lovely/ wearable and amazing? I'm thinking about a day dress rather than full evening and am pale, flat chested and mousy haired!

LittleLights Fri 10-Nov-17 09:54:15

My goal in life is to own an item of Missoni clothing, so I have no advice but I'm slightly jealous of you 😁

Trailedanderror Fri 10-Nov-17 10:03:05

I've lusted after them since I was a child and I'm nearly 50! Always been skinnyfat but now with Spanx I'm pretty ironing board like, so it's swings and roundabouts. wink

botemp Fri 10-Nov-17 11:52:36

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the quality of Missoni is not what it once was. I know several people who've had holes popping up around the seams and literally watched their garment unravel before they could ever get to trying to mend it or stop it in its tracks. These were all their iconic knitwear pieces and that was really the only thing worth buying there. So that leaves the overly ubiquitous scarves of the 00s often bought as a last minute gift at the airport? Sorry, know it's not what you wanted to hear. If you really want a Missoni piece I'd be looking for vintage piece instead.

When in Milan go have a nose at Miu Miu, Prada, Gucci, Emilio Pucci instead. Marni has sadly similarly declined in quality, it's still decent (and better than Missoni) but not what it once was. There's one really good outlet in the city, DMag, who knows what you'll find there.

BubblesBuddy Fri 10-Nov-17 12:30:13

Missoni is still at Bicester Village I think. You don’t need to go to Milan and spend your expensive Euro’s on classic Missoni.

TuckFrump Fri 10-Nov-17 12:42:56

The Outnet regularly have Missoni at big discounts.

Madbengalmum Fri 10-Nov-17 19:08:41

Make sure you get the red label mainline stuff, and not the diffusion line M missoni stuff, quality is very different.

Madbengalmum Fri 10-Nov-17 19:10:12

To add, never had a problem with quality on the mainline stuff. I wouldn't buy the M missoni though.

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Fri 10-Nov-17 19:17:32

My second bestest chazza shop find was a Missoni silk chiffon scarf, with tag. 99p. I feel all Italian in it. Then went to a swishing event and helped unpacked, found a lovely missoni Cardigan, which miraculously vanished when it came to tagging.

JWrecks Fri 10-Nov-17 19:47:18

Oh goodness. I am now in love with THIS top/dress. If I had the money...

camdentown17 Fri 10-Nov-17 19:49:06

I too have always lusted after a missoni piece of clothing. I can dream...

Loyly Fri 10-Nov-17 19:51:21

You can buy Missoni dresses on ASOS here.

Loyly Fri 10-Nov-17 19:52:56

Ignore my post - I just noticed it's, of course, the M Missoni diffusion line they sell at ASOS and that's not what you should buy.

LittleLights Fri 10-Nov-17 23:30:25

<making notes>

Red label not the M stuff

Trailedanderror Mon 13-Nov-17 09:15:02

Oh sad
I massively misunderestimated the prices. I thought I'd have a swishy high end shopping experience and come out with a €200 amazing dress. I'll look into vintage shops and report back. wink

problembottom Mon 13-Nov-17 11:20:40

I have a mainline Missoni jumper, a pink roll neck in the classic stripey weave, and I adore it. It’s ridiculously warm so I save it for my ski trips, where I wear it in the evening. RRP was £695 but I got it for a steal online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now