Talk

Advanced search

Very warm very waterproof coat.

(20 Posts)
sortingmyselfoutslowly Fri 10-Nov-17 04:12:09

I'm looking at Seasalt as I have a great waterproof raincoat from there. Most of the coats look quite thin though. Looking for a really cosy winter coat that's genuinely waterproof with a decent hood. Any suggestions? Style not top priority as it's for wet and freezing school run but would be a bonus.

bingohandjob Fri 10-Nov-17 04:48:18

My warmest waterproof is a North Face Arctic Parka - not hugely stylish as such but ultra warm and properly waterproof. I've got a Seasalt Janelle which is longer length and I find warm enough for cold British winters and also fully waterproof.

ThaliaLuxurySpa Fri 10-Nov-17 05:07:23

OP,

This Craghoppers coat has great reviews at GoOutdoors.
(Though is perhaps slightly longer than you're looking for? Would at least keep the tops of your legs warm and dry, too).

Properly waterproofed and insulated, yet not bulky.
Toggled hood with stud fastenings.

If you're not fussed about the colour (I like the blue best!), the grey charcoal option has £40 off
here.

NameChange30 Fri 10-Nov-17 05:30:08

What about the Tiller Coat? It looks really warm and cosy and the reviews say it's warm. Lovely colours too.

StabbyBitchTheEvilWitch Fri 10-Nov-17 05:39:48

https://www.trespass.com/clea-womens-waterproof-parka-jacket

I have this in khaki and it’s the warmest coat Iv ever owned. Brought for the school run too. It has some sort of heat technology in it, it’s not bulky either.

On sale for £50 too!

Finefineanddandy Fri 10-Nov-17 05:45:13

I've got two coats from 66 North,the Icelandic brand.They are for really cold weather so can manage anything here!

CeeCeeEnnEss Fri 10-Nov-17 06:36:09

Didrikson. Like wearing a waterproof duvet.

calabalamuc Fri 10-Nov-17 06:50:55

I second Didriksons. Best coat ever!!!

ChessieFL Fri 10-Nov-17 06:52:27

Seasalt Janelle. I love mine, so warm and cosy, fur lined hood, and comes down to my knees. Very waterproof!

wishiwasacollie Fri 10-Nov-17 07:15:31

Merrell did one a few years ago that isfitted. . waterproof and warm with a hood that adjusts. Wouldnt be without it now. They dont do it now but would recommend their coats. I got mine by buying it from.sports direct as was way cheaper than merrell online

StepAwayFromCake Fri 10-Nov-17 07:32:41

Lands End Commuter Coat.

Waterproof, windproof, warm (down), soft, long (below the knee), removable hood. Large, useable pockets (often unheard of in women's clothing!). Clever pockets that let you reach into your trouser pockets without undoing the coat. Comfy cuffs that allow you to wear gloves easily. Comfy collar that is already fairly draft-proof without a scarf, yet still allows space for a scarf.

Expensive, but reasonable compared to technical coats, and Lands End do frequent discounts.

Styled like a 'Ladies' Coat', rather than a technical coat.

Can you tell that I love mine ?grin

StepAwayFromCake Fri 10-Nov-17 07:36:19

Here.

WeatherDependent Fri 10-Nov-17 07:36:24

Totally agree with Didrikson, it is like wearing a duvet.

It’s the only good thing about cold weather, can’t wait to get mine back out. Quite expensive but cost per wear it’s worth it.

Silverstreaks Fri 10-Nov-17 08:24:03

I've also got a Merrell which I can't remember the name of (possibly the same coat wishiwasacollie). It is incredibly waterproof, the hood has a small wired peak that is adjustable, it is light but warm and was worth every penny.
The only thing I don't like about it is the colour which is black and dull but a Sports Direct bargain years ago after following the 'waterproof bum covering coat thread'.

SoupDragon Fri 10-Nov-17 08:29:52

I have a Didriksons coat. I can't remember which one though. It's seen me through many seasons of bleak pitches watching the DS's play rugby!

Caulk Fri 10-Nov-17 08:33:19

I got one from Mountain Warehouse and it’s just like you’ve described. Very waterproof (water repellent?) and very warm

Checklist Fri 10-Nov-17 08:38:46

Didriksons - warmest coat I have ever had!

sparechange Fri 10-Nov-17 08:55:48

Have a look at North Face ski jackets
By design, they are very warm and completely waterproof (sealed seams etc)
Most have hoods
Snow and Rock or Ellis Brigham have great selections

sortingmyselfoutslowly Fri 10-Nov-17 09:51:33

Thank you! Fab suggestions grin

Hippadippadation Fri 10-Nov-17 20:16:57

I've got a lovely parka style waterproof one from Tog 24. I can't find a link to it, although we got it from an outlet, so it may have been a previous season's stock. It's like wearing a duvet, but you don't get sweaty. And completely waterproof, I've worn it in tipping down rain and stayed bone dry. It's got a belt too, so a bit more flattering than usual "outdoor" fashions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: