Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Does comfortable shapewear exist?

(13 Posts)
Wilburissomepig Thu 09-Nov-17 17:03:00

I hate the feeling of feeling trussed up like a bloody turkey but I'm desperately looking for comfortable shapewear for under a dress. It's a lovely dress but I just have a couple too many lumps and bumps to feel a million dollars in it. Any ideas?

Must be strapless and medium support would be fine.

Piratesandpants Thu 09-Nov-17 17:05:38

Well do you want it to work or do you want it to be comfortable? grin I honestly think it’s one or the other. And the more uncomfortable it is the better the shape it gives. Sorry!

HeyMicky Thu 09-Nov-17 17:09:06

Primark is good for smoothing rather than squashing

Wilburissomepig Thu 09-Nov-17 17:12:13

Well do you want it to work or do you want it to be comfortable? grin I honestly think it’s one or the other. And the more uncomfortable it is the better the shape it gives. Sorry!

This is what I feared! Is it too much to ask to find something that feels like a pair of PJ's but makes me looking amaaaaazing? I mean, is it??? grin

Whatthefoxgoingon Thu 09-Nov-17 17:13:44

I’ll fetch it for you.

Here, hold my moon on a stick. grin

JustTheWayYouAre Thu 09-Nov-17 17:19:13

I have one of these not super slimming but enough to smooth out the edges.

Wilburissomepig Thu 09-Nov-17 17:21:44

grin fox

I have one of those Just and it's pretty good, but I need strapless for this dress, which is going to be a bloody nightmare to find!

StrikingMatches Thu 09-Nov-17 17:23:09

I would say Spanx are quite comfy. They improve your posture too, which makes you look a bit thinner!

JustTheWayYouAre Thu 09-Nov-17 17:23:45

Sorry, didn't read the op properly - ''tis what happens when I hit the wine as soon as I get in grin

Wilburissomepig Thu 09-Nov-17 17:31:25

I think maybe an all in one body style would be better for me, every time I wear control knickers I get that lovely muffin top bursting out over the top. So attractive.

PhatSlag Thu 09-Nov-17 19:07:51

I have the Spanx Higher Power Briefs and the long leg shorts. QVC do them much cheaper than elsewhere and you know they’re genuine.

NinonDeLenclos Thu 09-Nov-17 19:18:51

No, it's a million times easier just to be thin.

Wilburissomepig Thu 09-Nov-17 20:35:04

No, it's a million times easier just to be thin.

Thanks so much NinonDeLenclos, that's so helpful. I don't actually recall saying I was fat (not that it would matter if I was), just that I had some lumps and bumps I wasn't happy with.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: