Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Who's getting the M&S advent calendar then?

(121 Posts)
Anymajordude Thu 09-Nov-17 16:41:34

I ordered mine today. So excited, I've never had one before.

CMOTDibbler Thu 09-Nov-17 16:42:53

Me - I ummmed and ahhed about it, and then realised I was still enjoying using things from last years one now, so it really had given me a year of pleasure

Tentomidnight Thu 09-Nov-17 16:42:57

Me! I'm very excited, can't wait for December 1st

Nanasueathome Thu 09-Nov-17 16:43:50

I’ve ordered one for my Daughter in law

Anymajordude Thu 09-Nov-17 16:44:25

I was umming and aahing in the shop for ages today. I walked out without it but regretted it so had to go online.

HeyRoly Thu 09-Nov-17 16:45:16

I have caved for the first time.

Rachie1986 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:46:15

I went in first thing and got one. Missed out last year so I'm so excited!

Rachie1986 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:46:16

I went in first thing and got one. Missed out last year so I'm so excited!

YouWereRight Thu 09-Nov-17 17:05:48

I got one today. Looking at the contents it looks more make up heavy than last year, but I did very much enjoy last years. Can't wait till December to Doug in.

SnowBallsAreHere Thu 09-Nov-17 17:06:00

Just ordered one for first time. Actually will be first time in about 30 years that I’ve had an advent calendar as no one ever buys me one sad

Anymajordude Thu 09-Nov-17 17:16:45

I ordered a new sports bra so I could get it and I really need a new sports bra. What happens if I have to send it back? Do I have to send the calendar back too?

TracyBeakerSoYeah Thu 09-Nov-17 17:25:36

I've ordered one too for the very first time.
I got mine with school uniform & some Christmas stocking fillers.
I blame you lot & naughty Jane from BBB grin

AmethystMoon Thu 09-Nov-17 17:28:38

Ordered mine this morning online.......and then grabbed one in store this afternoon! I've decanted it on the train on the way home blush
Loving it....some similar products to previous years but nothing I'm not pleased with. Usually there a few meh bits. Quite a few face creams which will be good for throughout the year. Also a bodycream I've been dying to try to get rid of the bumps on my upper arms. It's expensive for full size but I can see if it works first this way.
Very pleased.....going to use box as a DIY advent for my Dd grin

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 09-Nov-17 17:28:42

Got one today. I am half thinking of not bothering to wait to open a box each day in December. Last year the perfume was broken and I was so looking forward to using it so I might at least check that everything inside is ok and use anything I need at the moment (eg, cleanser or mascara) without running out and buying it!

I am not really playing by the rules! grin

happymama99 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:30:28

I'm got one last year and I'll be getting it again. I didn't use it as an advent calendar though. I kept some bits and used others as stocking fillers for family

Baileystruffle Thu 09-Nov-17 17:30:40

I got it online at 7.30 this morning. I think I will use everything in it except maybe 1 item so looked better to me than most of the others! Can't wait to start opening it!

ScattyMcScatty Thu 09-Nov-17 18:34:00

I loved it last year but went for the Look Fantastic this time and asos that was quickly opened so doesn't count, however, I did a sneaky order earlier with some jeans I got last year that are still going strong so will give the advent to mil as she's been a diamond in recent months.

TheMendedDrum Thu 09-Nov-17 18:37:09

I've got one for my DSis. I hope she enjoys it halo

Dailystuck71 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:47:44

I’ll get one tomorrow but I just open it. I am rubbish at waiting plus I want the lippy!

2014newme Thu 09-Nov-17 19:08:07

Yes not had it before hope it's better than the crap clarins one I had last year

CointreauVersial Thu 09-Nov-17 21:25:43

I've ordered mine - I've had one every year, and they don't disappoint. No Spoilers! I'm saving mine for December.

I have discovered some great products I hadn't tried before and have repurchased since, and there's usually a swapsies thread on MN so you can get more of the things you like.

Nettletheelf Thu 09-Nov-17 22:11:07

Bought this morning. Looks as fab as ever. Made myself instantly forget the contents (which were unboxed on a table next to a pile of calendars).

PickAChew Thu 09-Nov-17 22:13:59

I ordered ds2 a coat from there, today, so ordered one for my niece, as she enjoyed the one I got her last year, instead of the family ritual of money for Christmas.

jollygoose Thu 09-Nov-17 22:19:24

I kept last years and have used it this year with my own gifts inside for my dd. It has been quite hard work finding enough variation to fill the boxes and some things I bought have been just too big. This is most definitely a one off but I do hope she likes it.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Thu 09-Nov-17 22:26:53

I had intended getting one but I had a look at the list of contents and decided that I didn't really need some random make-up that may not be colours I would choose or any body lotions etc. I would probably like to try a couple of the skincare items but decided on balance it would be better to spend the money on something I know I will use.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: