Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Mint Velvet leggings - are they supposed to be very loose on the legs?

(4 Posts)
BlackAmericanoNoSugar Thu 09-Nov-17 15:57:08

They were recommended on MN recently so I've bought a couple of pairs to try them. They are lovely around the waist, but are more like skinny fit yoga pants than regular leggings as they have quite a bit of excess fabric, especially around my upper legs and hips. Usually leggings are close fitting, aren't they? Like really thick tights.

I am very apple-shaped, so my waist is disproportionately big compared to my hips, so perhaps they have been designed more with pear or hourglass shapes in mind.

hendricksyousay Thu 09-Nov-17 17:46:18

I’m an hourglass and buy the smallest size . They are right but I have chunky legs . Can you not buy a smaller size because they do stretch ?

thedevilinablackdress Thu 09-Nov-17 18:00:46

Pear here and find them a good fit. Maybe not the right shape for you sad

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Thu 09-Nov-17 20:10:04

I might try another pair in the next size down. I'm generally a 16 when there is ease in the waist so I bought XL. I might try size L instead and wear the XL to the gym. I do love the high waistband and the thickness of them. For comparison, I also bought a dress from Mint Velvet in size 18 and that fits just right, so it's probably an issue with my hips being too small for the cut of the leggings.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: