Talk

Advanced search

Mulberry v Coach.....or any other similar brands?

(18 Posts)
Dancergirl Thu 09-Nov-17 14:57:18

I've been looking for a gorgeous new bag in an oxblood colour. I love Mulberry and seen a few styles there but not quite right.

I tried a Tessie Hobo from a private seller but unfortunately it was too big for me and just not worth the money IMO. Mulberry's prices have just gone through the roof.

I also like Coach and see they are doing a very similar colour. Much cheaper too.

Do you think there is much difference between Coach and Mulberry in terms of quality and style? Or are there any other brands I should consider?

AnaWinter Thu 09-Nov-17 15:01:16

Chloe, Rebecca Minkoff, Marc Jacobs, Kate Spade and APC.

jenandjess Thu 09-Nov-17 15:03:22

Dancer, so sorry you didn't like the Tessie after all this time.

I bought a Coach Edie during the summer. I like it. Despite the little Coach disc falling off, I like it. It's well made and nicely finished. The leather feels harder wearing than my Tassie but the bag doesn't feel as special as the Mulberry. I read a thread on here a few months back where a poster said she can see Coach going the same way as Michael Kors in terms of popularity - stuck me as being very possible.

What about Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs?

Dancergirl Thu 09-Nov-17 15:07:16

I actually looked at the Coach Edie in a store a while ago. It's a nice style but again probably a tiny bit too big for me. I'm probably being very fussy but if I'm going to spend a decent amount I want it just right.

Dancergirl Thu 09-Nov-17 15:07:41

Interesting about Coach going same way as MK - I can't stand MK!

Dancergirl Thu 09-Nov-17 15:21:21

Actually I really like the Mulberry small Freya but it's £850! Maybe it'll go down in their sale. That's the sort of shape and size I like.

OpheIiaBaIIs Thu 09-Nov-17 18:22:11

Try Mimi Berry. All her bags are made in England (most in her East London workshop). They are beautiful quality, in the way Mulberry used to be about 10 years ago. Understated, classic and they hold up beautifully. I have two which I bought eight years ago and they're even more beautiful now than when they were new. I'm hoping for another for Christmas!

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:28:27

Those Mimi bags aren’t even lined. If feel ripped off buying on of those.

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:28:44

*I’d

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:29:03

*one

Hauntedlobster Thu 09-Nov-17 18:35:13

I adore Kate spade also ONPURPOSE gets you 30% off just now

Hauntedlobster Thu 09-Nov-17 18:40:04

www.katespade.co.uk/uk/satchels/daniels-drive-suede-small-abigail/invt/pxru8188

Twinkie1 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:41:10

I’ve a Chloe Marnie and it’s so well made and beautiful, worth every penny, Mulberry have really gone down In quality

AnaWinter Thu 09-Nov-17 18:42:30

Wow thank you Haunted. Off to order one now.

RiojaHaze Thu 09-Nov-17 18:48:56

Totally in love with Kate Spade at the moment. Not massively expensive, well made and stunning colours.

Hauntedlobster Thu 09-Nov-17 19:30:30

I hope you love it, I have 5 and they’re my go to handbags now. The Abigail is similar to one I’ve got and it’s the perfect size.

CointreauVersial Thu 09-Nov-17 21:22:01

I really rate Coach. Beautifully made, but reasonable prices.

Dancergirl Sun 19-Nov-17 11:54:32

Kate Spade have some nice bags but I'm not keen on the leather, it's too stiff. I like nice soft leather.

I went into Coach the other day and had a good look round. Their bags are very nice but as jen said above they didn't feel as nice as Mulberry.

Maybe I'll wait for the Mulberry sale and see if the Freya goes down in price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now