Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Musc Ravageur for a first date?

(6 Posts)
JesusTapdancingChrist Thu 09-Nov-17 14:46:03

It's one of my all time favourites especially at this time of year but is it too much to wear on a first date?

I love my full-on, heady scents and my tastes run quite masculine as in I hate girly sweet fragrances, I want to smell sexy but not to literally knock him out 😂.

Other options are:

Bvlgari Black
Elizabeth + James Nirvana Black
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
Bottega Veneta EdP
YSL Opium
Dior Hypnotic Poison
Ghost Deep Night (my safe sexy scent - more men compliment it than any of my nicer perfumes).

Any votes?

sofato5miles Thu 09-Nov-17 14:48:51

Musc ravageur is my standard evening perfume, but I am married so don't date. (Not sure if that helps).

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 09-Nov-17 15:09:56

The safest would be Bottega Venetia, depends how safe you want to go.

The TF, might be better but not so safe.

Definitely not Bulgari Black.

JesusTapdancingChrist Thu 09-Nov-17 15:38:54

The Bottega Veneta is my most recent purchase and while I'm really enjoying it, it is definitely safe and I'm not convinced it'll become a signature scent for me.

Think I'm leaning towards the Tom Ford or the Nirvana Black.

JesusTapdancingChrist Thu 09-Nov-17 15:39:40

And I hear you about the Bvlgari. I wrote it but there probably aren't many men who any their women smelling like burnt rubber and bonfires 😂.

JesusTapdancingChrist Thu 09-Nov-17 15:39:57

I *adore it. Not wrote it. Oy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: