Talk

Advanced search

Who has had their colours done?

(16 Posts)
mintich Thu 09-Nov-17 12:55:04

Who did it and were you happy with it? How in depth do they go? Ie make up colours etc

Uumellmahaye Thu 09-Nov-17 13:04:59

I had mine done at house of colour in Feb - it was a personal session and very in depth - covered make up. I was happy and felt it was worthwhile - I especially liked the wallet of colours to take away so I could take them with me when shopping - helped me a lot! I came out as a jewel winter and couldn't have been happier

purpleRH Thu 09-Nov-17 15:54:02

I had mine done a few weeks ago with HoC and whilst I really enjoyed the day, I am still confused as I believe I'm neutral, not warm toned. My foundation shade is 'neutral fair' and I can wear pink or peach blush. I look best in bright colours, rather than pastels, but I don't suit earthy and rich hues. I look better in ivory, rather than white. My wrist veins are a mix of blue and green. I am torn between whether gold or silver jewellery looks best on me. Other people seem to think I can wear either! Rose gold doesn't suit.

Overall, I highly recommend the day, as the colour wallet is so useful. It has made me consider the importance of the right accessories and good lippy! Hopefully you will be able to 'see' your colours better than I currently can!

mintich Thu 09-Nov-17 20:27:38

How long did it take?

mintich Thu 09-Nov-17 20:27:39

How long did it take?

redexpat Thu 09-Nov-17 21:58:44

I had mine done 20 years ago, and my style about 13 years ago. THere were 4 of us, and I think it took about 6 hours, but dont quote me on it. Still got my colour wallet. Still use it.

Chewbecca Thu 09-Nov-17 22:02:06

I did HoC about 5 years ago. It was good, I don't follow it religiously but when I do wear my best colours, I do look better and people comment I look well. I didn't know they were good colours for me before!

MismatchedCat Thu 09-Nov-17 23:58:49

purpleRH - you sound exactly like me, even down to the foundation/concealer shade (neutral fair) My skin is pale but neutral with only the slightest bias towards warm (which the consultant struggled to determine). I too have blue and green veins, suit ivory better than white, and wear both silver and gold well.

My consultant diagnosed me as a blue spring.

I think this fits pretty well. Since I am so neutral I can wear a lot of cool wintry shades too, just as long as they are bright, with no muddiness and no sludge, and not icy/pastel

I am curious about what season you were given by your consultant?

purpleRH Fri 10-Nov-17 20:14:20

Mismatched - that is so interesting, we sound very similar! I am a bright or paintbox spring apparently. She said it is very similar to winter but with more warmth to the colours. Blue spring sounds interesting, what are your best colours? Mine are all the blues, aquamarine, leaf, tangerine, geranium red, violet.

carrie74 Fri 10-Nov-17 20:28:13

I had mine done about 5 years ago, took much of the day. I was convinced I’d come out with autumnal colours (freckles, green eyes, brown hair that tends to go golden), but I actually came out as a jewel winter. It made me much more confident about wearing coloured lipsticks, and much of what I was wearing was along the right lines. I still get compliments when wearing the right shades, but I don’t stick to it religiously (mostly as I can’t find exactly what I want in the colour I want it in - but I’m a pretty fussy shopper). I’d definitely recommend it.

Poosnu Fri 10-Nov-17 20:31:29

Yes - a few years ago. I went with House of Colour and came out as a Blue Autumn. It was spot on and I could really see how much better the 'right' colours looked on me. It was made clothes shopping x100 easier (I used to hate it) and I rarely make purchasing mistakes now. Lasted a few hours as part of a group.

DH had his done too as a one on one session and his colour wallet has been equally useful.

mintich Sat 11-Nov-17 17:52:42

Sounds like it's worth doing. Is house of colour the best place to go to?

lanbro Sat 11-Nov-17 17:57:45

Had mine done about 7 years ago with house of colour, bought for me as a birthday present. Biggest waste of time for me, turns out I'm Blue Spring which means I can wear any colour!

MismatchedCat Sat 11-Nov-17 18:16:06

Blue spring sounds interesting, what are your best colours? Mine are all the blues, aquamarine, leaf, tangerine, geranium red, violet.

Mine are all the blues and greens, poppy, violet and flamingo. The orangey brown shades do nothing for me, but one of the yellows was quite good.

Icanseethepigeon Sat 11-Nov-17 18:26:53

Cool summer here! Had my colours done about 15 years ago and still swear by it and use it every day. I can choose a complete outfit from my wardrobe and know I'll coordinate and also tell at glance whether a shop has anything for me. I still use the lipsticks and know the best colours to.make me look and feel great. Very very worthwhile.

Artyfarty555 Sat 11-Nov-17 19:36:29

Had mine done this time last year which proved tricky to buy things as l am a blue spring too, so everything was muted and dull.
I really enjoyed it and still find the whole colour/ style thing interesting, so I keep thinking I'll do the style one but that's so expensive.
I've never had positive comments when I've worn ' my' colours but l do now feel happier wearing brighter colours and although l do still buy things that are slightly off , l try to stick to the rules.
I'd say go for it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now