Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Men's running gear recommendations

(8 Posts)
Helplesshair Thu 09-Nov-17 11:39:43

My husband, approaching 50, has just started running! He wants running gear for Xmas which means he wants some tracksuit bottoms and a decent top layer I think, not being a runner myself. He doesn't care about labels and won't want me to spend a fortune. Can anyone recommend some good winter running gear, I would say comfortable that will keep him warm but that doesn't overheat - that fits the bill?

ajandjjmum Thu 09-Nov-17 11:55:48

DH likes Nike and New Balance shoes. Best to buy from a large store (or online?) where they have a full range.

ajandjjmum Thu 09-Nov-17 11:57:43

Just thought - also Under Armour and Gymshark.

fancyKnickers Thu 09-Nov-17 12:18:08

The most important (and expensive) bit of running kit are the shoes. Recommend he goes somewhere that will video him running and recommend based on his running style.

For other stuff DH and I get running Karrimor gear from Sports Direct (as there is one nearby) which is cheap. They do long bottoms and fleecy long sleeved tops.

Helplesshair Thu 09-Nov-17 12:28:32

Thanks all. He's got the shoes so it's the clothes that he needs. At the moment he's still in shorts and a ratty long sleeved t shirt. Will check out the Karrimor as we have a Sports Direct near too. Any other suggestions?

jingscrivvens Thu 09-Nov-17 13:58:25

decathlon is good for cheap running gear. I buy mens leggings and womens tops from there and they have all been good quality.
I don't want to spend loads because I am obviously going to lose a lot of weight and only need these clothes for a short while, ahem.

zippyswife Thu 09-Nov-17 14:14:39

Wiggle is really good price wise. And great selection.

emma1282 Thu 09-Nov-17 14:29:10

Check Runnersneed.com ..They seem to have plenty of options for clothing and shoes for running. They have quite a number of shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now