Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

If you are flat chested (30c) where do you buy decent lingerie?

(25 Posts)
travellingfamily Thu 09-Nov-17 08:07:05

I am a 30c which essentially means without a decent bra I look completely flat chested but with nipples. I am looking for a bra and knickers set that meet the following criteria:

Feel nice. So cotton, silk, velvet, or decent nylon alternatives but not scratchy fake lace all over the bra.

Some padding but minimal. No padding means no shape and my nipples show. But I don't want to feel I am putting armour on, and I want to be able to feel a touch on the outside of the bra.

Look nice. Matching bra and knickers.

Are functional. Bra does up with two hooks or similar secure fastening that doesn't some undone, knickers are high brief or lower cut with gusset, not thongs.

Pleeeease can anyone help?

QueenJulian Thu 09-Nov-17 08:49:41

Calvin Klein do a 30C in different styles. Might be worth a look?

AndroidsConundrum Fri 10-Nov-17 01:00:46

Sports bra. I don't wear 'proper' bras any more. Sports bras are so so so comfy and look good under everything!

Mominatrix Fri 10-Nov-17 06:59:10

Marie Jo do great bras in 30c - you can find them on-line at various sites, or at Rigby and Peller stores.

Hairq Fri 10-Nov-17 07:16:55

There's loads of choice in your size at Figleaves.

MassDebate Fri 10-Nov-17 09:23:40

Highly recommend B'Temptd (can buy direct or they stock at House of Fraser and some on Figleaves I think). Pretty and good quality imo.

gothicsprout Fri 10-Nov-17 09:55:29

M&S had some nice T-shirt bra ones that were minimal padding and no lace when I was that size pre-pregnancy. Also Calvin Klein.

4dogs Fri 10-Nov-17 09:59:08

How is a c cup flat chested?! I'm an A (used to be AAA!) so you have bounteous bosoms! Little Women do small cup bras but I don't think they go up to a C.

BagelGoesWalking Fri 10-Nov-17 10:00:44

Have you looked at Pink, the affordable Victoria’s Secret line?

Lovely coordinated bra and pants range. They often do deals which make them good value. It might be worth keeping an eye on any Black Friday deals they do.

My daughter has now got quite a few sets from them, they’ve washed and worn very well.

travellingfamily Fri 10-Nov-17 22:42:16

Thanks very much everyone. 4dogs I promise you it is completely flat chested. It is this weird (to me) new way of measuring that seems to give a much smaller back and (for some odd reason) a bigger cup size. 30c is more or less equivalent to 34A (or even 34AA). And I don't even fill that! I looked on little women and wondered why they didn't do a 30C, but I might try a 32A or B from them and see how I go.

Crabbo Fri 10-Nov-17 22:49:12

I’ve abandoned bras altogether and just go for crop top type things now but admittedly they’re not that sexy grin. For something nice maybe search for bralettes rather than bras?

Crabbo Fri 10-Nov-17 22:55:11

Just had a look on Victoria’s Secret and there’s some nice ones on there - lots on sale too.

TerracottaPreservationSociety Fri 10-Nov-17 23:04:36

I am also 30C, my boobs are tiny, it sounds bigger than it looks. I have found decent bras for comfort in Calvin Klein. I’ve also found alternatives that look fancy in Boux Avenue. You can refine a bra search on their website to only show the styles that come in a 30C, handy as any often don’t.

ZepellinBend Fri 10-Nov-17 23:04:55

I'm very flatchested too 34A genuinely with my back size and inch of difference (bones galore so can't wearr underwired either). Non padded I've always been complemented on the Janet Reger set I have from manys a year back..

Next recently I found a lovely padded set that fits great round the bosom with short type knickers. Can't remember the name of it though as I got it instore (small store so yours prob would have something similar). So comfortable, looks smooth and well under clothes and washes brilliantly.

bananafish81 Sat 11-Nov-17 00:15:07

* *How is a c cup flat chested?! I'm an A (used to be AAA!) so you have bounteous bosoms! Little Women do small cup bras but I don't think they go up to a C.

What back size do you wear?

I was wearing a 34a

I'm actually a 28D

They're the same size boobs

Cup size is irrelevant, it's all relative to back size

redfish18 Sat 11-Nov-17 00:21:01

@4dogs The volume of a cup depends on the back size, for example the volume of a 30C is a lot smaller than the volume of a 38C.

Saying what a cup size is means nothing unless you know the back size too.

I’m a 30FF and it’s basically a handful, not much at all! If I were a 38FF I’d have huge boobs because an FF cup would be far bigger than the cup of my 30 inch back bras.

redfish18 Sat 11-Nov-17 00:22:59

If I were a 38FF I’d have huge boobs because an FF cup of a 38 inch back bra would be far bigger than the FF cup of my 30 inch back bras.

PaperdollCartoon Sat 11-Nov-17 00:25:18

This helpful picture shows how back an

PaperdollCartoon Sat 11-Nov-17 00:25:45

Back size changes the cup *

icklekid Sat 11-Nov-17 06:37:44

I got a nice one in John Lewis sale m.johnlewis.com/collection-by-john-lewis-elle-plunge-t-shirt-bra-etched-floral/p3255802

OrangeSunset Sat 11-Nov-17 07:00:21

I’m a 32C so also tiny boobs. Another vote for Calvin Klein. Not cheap but they get the ratio of padding right, and the wiring is well designed. I find for example M&S, the wiring is awfully uncomfortable especially in the middle.

Fairylea Sat 11-Nov-17 07:12:24

Next have some lovely styles in a 30 back. My dd gets her bras from there.

Whyiseveryonesoangry Sat 11-Nov-17 07:27:06

I’m going to look at some of these suggestions too. I am 28C so really struggle unless I’m prepared to wear teenagers bras. Which I’m not!

LokisLover Sat 11-Nov-17 08:08:42

Have a look at Mimi Holliday. Gorgeous and fits beautifully. But it's not cheap and they don't have lots in your size unfortunately. But this one is pretty..
www.mimiholliday.com/products/disco-comfort-bra?variant=31025813000

LokisLover Sat 11-Nov-17 08:10:39

And MH25 gives you 25% off everything at the moment including the sale.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: