Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Jacket for 13yo boy

(7 Posts)
A1Sharon Wed 08-Nov-17 21:15:22

My son is actually 10yo, but very tall and wears 13yo clothes.
He has been talking a lot about wanting a 'cool' jacket, was thinking of getting him something for Xmas. Anyone have any idea what is 'cool' for tween boys? He isn't very into his appearance, and tends to leave jackets behind...still any suggestions welcome.

Mumthedogsbeensick Wed 08-Nov-17 21:31:38

All my 13yo DS wants is a Stone Island or Gym King jacket for Christmas. Apparently both are very cool brands.

A1Sharon Thu 09-Nov-17 11:20:30

They'd want to be at that price grin!
I've found some nice bomber types from Zara, think more his thing-he has a habit of leaving things behind...

Mumthedogsbeensick Thu 09-Nov-17 15:20:21

Tell me about it! I’ve just had a look at Zara too and there are some great ones on there and far more reasonable! I got him a great one from New Look last year which he loved. His year have moved playgrounds now at school and they are with the older boys hence the sudden taste in expensive clothing!

Candlelight234 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:54:08

Berghaus or North Face are popular with my Y8 DS & his mates. You wouldn't want him to leave them behind at the prices though.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 09-Nov-17 18:57:12

Blessed are those with children who choose to wear a coat. It won't last grin

H&M are very good for coats that are fashionable but practical, and reasonably priced if he's one for losing things.

TheScottishPlay Thu 09-Nov-17 18:59:14

13 year old DS has a Jack Wolfskin 'Chilly Morning' jacket.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: