Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Tell me about shampoo please

(5 Posts)
youngerself Wed 08-Nov-17 19:02:16

Hair care product suggestions please?
What’s all this ‘for damaged hair’ ‘for moisture’ ‘for volume’ stuff about?
Surely shampoo just washes off?
I need hair care for 2 DD’s
Both long naturally blonde late teens - fine hair straight but lots of it so not thin looking
One says my Alberto balsam makes her hair need washing every day but Aussie doesn’t? Her hair seems fine to me
DD 2 only leaving conditioner in for a minute while she showers - I’ve said that not enough - but obviously needs more conditioning at the bottom - not split ends but slightly frizzy and out of condition
I don’t want to get moisturising shampoo in case this makes hair greasy/ flat on crown but need something recommended by someone
Happy to buy pricier brands and suggestions please or is this a con? They both want hair care stuff for Christmas which is why I don’t mind pricey

mintmagnummm Wed 08-Nov-17 19:25:28

Get them a tigi tween set (it’s a huge shampoo and conditioner in a pack) I would suggest probably the urban antidotes recovery set (teal bottles) Tigi is a salon brand but also fun and teen girls would love getting this brand. Go to justmylook.co.uk it’s cheapest and free p&p grin

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 08-Nov-17 19:33:20

A good hair oil for after washing but before hair drying is great for smoothing and shining the hair, The Loreal extraordinary oil one is great.
As for shampoo and conditioner, Try the OGX brand, the whole range is fab smile and almost always on offer in boots.

youngerself Wed 08-Nov-17 20:39:29

Thank you both
Can get those then- they can see which ones they like best over Christmas holidays

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 08-Nov-17 20:47:03

www.boots.com/search/ogx

Here you go, so you can have a look for yourself smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: