Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Micro needle with roller- oweeeee!

(18 Posts)
Polkadot1974 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:40:51

Actual rolling didn’t hurt much but I’m now bright red. This is normal right? I’ll look 10 years younger by morning? Reassurance or tips please!! Thanking you

PeteMe Wed 08-Nov-17 19:49:19

Hi, I think it is normal, what size roller are you using? Some places it said to use 3 times a week, and other place it said use every day for 1 week and then give skin another week to recover and rejuvenate. How are you doing it?

I've just ordered one too (0.75MM) from Amazon and I am hoping to start it as soon as it arrives. I have been reading up on it, and I am not sure what cream to use after it. I've got the origins night cream and I might use that. I'm also looking at dermalen treatment too (which is very pricey) but not sure yet.

Do let me know how it goes! smile

Polkadot1974 Wed 08-Nov-17 20:23:31

0.25. I cleansed then applied some facial oil and did it. It’s calmed down now and I’m just a bit tingly hoping for good things

PeteMe Thu 09-Nov-17 19:37:09

@Polkadot1974 Mine has arrived today, hoping to start tonight! Bit scared as its 0.75MM but I'm hoping it'll be good and will work.

ownedbySWD Thu 09-Nov-17 19:42:29

What does it do??

HeyMicky Thu 09-Nov-17 19:44:42

Ooh, where did you order yours from, please?

Polkadot1974 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:17:06

Amazon £7.99. Just done it again- it's supposed to promote cell renewal. Feels tingly but not too painful

Polkadot1974 Thu 09-Nov-17 21:18:05

Braver then me diving straight into bigger needle. There was a video on YouTube- diagonal, vertical, horizontal x2 and split face into zones. She didn’t go near the eyes and went over the lips which I didn’t. Would’ve killed I thought!

PeteMe Fri 10-Nov-17 14:04:20

@ownedbySWD It is meant to reduce pores, pigmentation and appearance of scars

PeteMe Fri 10-Nov-17 14:04:47

@Polkadot1974 Actually 0.75MM was fine and it didn't hurt me (I do have a high pain threshold though). I am going to do it for a few weeks but I am hoping to move onto 1.5MM. I read a journal paper yesterday from India where they used the dermroller (1.5MM) once every month for 4 months, and the results were staggering:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2840919/

I read about that study initially on this blog:
www.peacefuldumpling.com/derma-roller-update-with-before-and-after-pics

PeteMe Fri 10-Nov-17 14:05:32

@HeyMicky I also got mine from Amazon. This one to be precise

I am going to get one with more MM next time round.

SleepFreeZone Fri 10-Nov-17 14:11:53

I've got one that I've never used as I read stuff that said it would actually damage the skin not help rejuvenate it which I was hoping for 🤦🏻‍♀️

HeyMicky Fri 10-Nov-17 14:43:27

Thanks Pete I actually bought that brand yesterday, although a smaller needle length. Good to know!

PeteMe Mon 13-Nov-17 17:47:53

How are you all getting on?

I rolled yesterday, and now I am thinking whether I should just buy the 1.5MM and be brave and do it once a month?

wizzywig Mon 13-Nov-17 17:50:28

Owwwwww. I go to a clinic for mine. They put anasthetic cream on my face before hand. Yeah its red for 2 days after.

HeyMicky Tue 14-Nov-17 08:31:00

I've rolled twice and applied vit C after. Several people have commented and I feel like my skin is brighter and plumper - not because of collagen yet, of course, but because the products can penetrate more effectively

PeteMe Tue 14-Nov-17 12:24:16

@HeyMicky Wonderful! Which vitamin C serum do you use?

@wizzywig How many sessions have you had and is it working? Do you bleed a bit as well whilst they are doing it?

HeyMicky Tue 14-Nov-17 12:38:23

The ordinary Vit C suspension 23%

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: