Talk

Advanced search

Thinning hair! Any products that really work for women?

(5 Posts)
BlueCaravelle Wed 08-Nov-17 18:06:28

I noticed six months after I had my last child that massive amounts of hair was falling out in alarming rates in the shower. I slowed off after another six months but three years later I don’t think it’s regrown. Tonight I noticed under the bathroom lights I can see my scalp through my fringe a good inch back from my hairline it’s so thin.
Is there any products out there that really work for regrowth?

Redrobinonspade Wed 08-Nov-17 22:02:17

Nioxin has really helped my hair.(Thinning due to medication and after having my baby). I use the shampoo, conditioner and spray on scalp treatment, and also have used the bodifying foam (great when my hair was really thin around my hairline, as was the intensive treatment). The products seem to have stimulated my hair growth and my hair is thickening up again. I also have been using olaplex and the combination of products has greatly helped my hair.

mrsnolasco Wed 08-Nov-17 22:04:05

I'm also using nioxon but only started last week. Not noticing much by way of hair regrowth but a lot less breakage. Only problem is it makes the roots of my hair feel quite hard.

Elgin78 Wed 08-Nov-17 22:15:47

Have you been tested for anaemia? I had extremely bad hair loss post birth of DD, when she was 6 months my Iron levels were tested and found to be extremely low. I took iron supplements but felt so lousy I ended up paying to go to a private haematologist for an iron transfusion. It was probably the best money I’ve ever spent- hair stopped falling out pretty much instantaneously - and felt so much better...

BlueCaravelle Wed 08-Nov-17 22:25:26

Thanks. I have had a very quick Google and I think I need to ask the GP for some blood tests. My thyroid was pretty borderline years ago. Iron was ok during pg but I stopped my tabletsonce I stopped bf.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now