Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt

(14 Posts)
puppyl0ve Wed 08-Nov-17 13:15:48

I adore this but the scent doesn’t last on my skin.

Can anyone recommend an alternative?

TSSDNCOP Wed 08-Nov-17 13:18:03

Try the English Oak and Raspberry

Fozzleyplum Wed 08-Nov-17 13:20:04

I have the smell-alike version of this as a perfume oil from Perfume Parlour. It seems to last quite well.

Fozzleyplum Wed 08-Nov-17 13:21:42

here

puppyl0ve Wed 08-Nov-17 13:23:57

What a bargain, thank you so much!

Fozzleyplum Wed 08-Nov-17 13:26:14

If you try it, it would be great if you could come back and let us know how it compares. I went on a bit of a spree at Perfume Parlour, and this is one of the scents I haven't compared with the original.

puppyl0ve Thu 16-Nov-17 14:09:01

Fozzley, the scent is very similar to the original but unfortunately it also doesn’t last more than a couple of hours!

RiskIt4Biscuit Thu 16-Nov-17 14:51:24

What if you spray the perfume in your hair instead of on your skin? Does that help with the longevity of the scent?

I prefer using perfumes in my hair rather than on my skin (as I once has a bad reaction that took months to go away) and I find the wood sage and sea salt lasts longer like that.

Jo Malone wood sage and sea salt being a cologne means it doesn't last as long as a EdT and EdP, so the alternative is to add more during the day.

PaperdollCartoon Thu 16-Nov-17 15:07:24

I love it and wear it all the time, but you’re right I doesn’t last. DPs Paco Rabbane for half the price lasts for literally days.
I have some JM decanted into a little capsule thing that I carry in my make up bag for regular top ups.

PaperdollCartoon Thu 16-Nov-17 15:07:46

And I put it in my hair and on my clothes as well, not just skin, but I don’t think it helps too much.

LunaTheCat Thu 16-Nov-17 19:38:48

I love Jo Malone too. I sprayed the wood sage and sea salt on myself and couldn't even smell in the shop! My favourite is French Lime Blossom. I think Jo Malone needs to be layered. I put body lotion on first which makes it expensive if you use JM so sometimes I put lots avenge body lotion on to soak in then later JM over the top then the fragrance. Lots faf but seems to work.

PerfumeIsAMessage Thu 16-Nov-17 21:32:57

JM stuff is notorious for having the longevity of a gnat's whisper unfortunately!
As others confirm, the PP dupe doesnt last either but at least it's only a couple of quid!

Rathkelter Thu 16-Nov-17 22:33:49

Some JM are better than others. I find the Pomegranate Noir and Lime Basil to be very long lasting.

Fozzleyplum Fri 17-Nov-17 07:18:45

Did you buy the oil or the spray? The oil lasts reasonably well on me, although not as long as some of the other PP ones. Having said that, a tiny bottle of the roll on oil is very cheap so you can top up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now