Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Ohhh nooo, Phillip Kingsley elasticiser

(8 Posts)
BulletFox Wed 08-Nov-17 09:28:25

I went and got the tub last night, sat on my bed, worked some into my hair, wanted to wait 20 minutes before I showered it out and closed my eyes...and fell asleep, clutching the tub.

I woke up this morning and was covered with 150ml of sticky white gunk all over me.

Please tell me someone else has done something so daft?

Alwaysinmyheart Wed 08-Nov-17 17:05:18

But was your hair super soft and shiny this morning?smile

district Wed 08-Nov-17 17:09:06

Total thread hijack here (sorry, OP) but is this stuff amazing? If you don’t sleep in it, obviously grin

I’m considering buying a pot...

whopureedmypeas Wed 08-Nov-17 17:23:04

At least you didn't doze off with hair dye on like I did once!
Is your hair shiny and bouncy now?

Shop Wed 08-Nov-17 17:41:44

Oh dear, is there any left at all?
I never wait the 20 minutes, I always put it on my hair and sleep with it on then wash off in the morning.

BulletFox Wed 08-Nov-17 18:36:46

I haven't washed it off yet blush

I've changed my clothes because even I draw the line at being seen in public covered in white gunk. What a waste of money (spilled elasticizer)

I even nipped to the newsagents with my crispy hair, then managed to bump into an ex, he's a nice person, we had a to and fro conversation about staying in contact, he was insistant we'd never argued and I was saying 'ok then, bickered' so we're keeping in contact which is nice. Then I walked away and thought oh hell, I've still got the elasticizer in my hair.

I'll wash it out shortly and report back on the efficacy of leaving it in 24 hours.

BulletFox Fri 10-Nov-17 04:43:57

Yeah it worked. Fluffy volumised hair now.

It's tragic I wasted £20 by falling asleep with the pot though.

Deathraystare Fri 10-Nov-17 17:40:59

I woke up this morning and was covered with 150ml of sticky white gunk all over me.

Oh dear! I have done some daft things and fell asleep but not this. You need a responsible adult standing by!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: