Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I want a poncho

(15 Posts)
wineandworkout Tue 07-Nov-17 23:50:54

Don't like being chilly but am quick to get hot and uncomfortable, so I've decided I want a poncho. I want a knitted one rather than a coat-like one, perhaps with a roll neck. Any recommendations?

HartlandRoad Wed 08-Nov-17 06:05:42

Joules has lovely ones this year

www.joules.com/Women/New-In/Analise/Cable-Knit-Poncho/French-Navy?id=X_ANALISE|FRNAVY

wineandworkout Wed 08-Nov-17 10:49:51

Omg ... I had a much better idea. I'm going to knit one. So many lovely patterns available online.

keeponkeepinon Wed 08-Nov-17 11:10:51

Jouleshas one in reduced section and it's lovely. Just a thought if you're going to knit - sometimes the yarn can make it more expensive than buying! However, you will have something very unique if you make your own. The one on joules is worth a look. Capability poncho.

wineandworkout Wed 08-Nov-17 11:41:07

Thanks both! The Joules ones are lovely but a bit £££ and the reduced one had sold out. Thinking of making this one ... hadn't been thinking of anything so short but I like it!

Butterfly1975 Wed 08-Nov-17 16:36:27

The Joules outlet on ebay has the Capability poncho in S/M for £24.95. Am just about to order one myself!

wineandworkout Wed 08-Nov-17 16:58:41

Thank you! Though I think I'm set on a shorter one now ... Would be good to fit it under a coat smile

Worsethingshappenatsea Wed 08-Nov-17 17:12:02

I'm currently knitting a poncho was a free download I found on Ravelry through Pinterest will try to attach a pic .
Its quite plain so easy to knit but I'm not the quickest knitter so might be ready to wear winter 2020 at this rate !

wineandworkout Wed 08-Nov-17 19:31:12

That's gorgeous, worse!

keeponkeepinon Wed 08-Nov-17 20:37:59

Oh good shout butterfly!

QOD Wed 08-Nov-17 20:48:58

Some in quiz in Debenhams

Only £20 quite fine black one

wineandworkout Thu 09-Nov-17 10:21:10

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to make this one, in this red colour. Only need 2 (huge) balls of wool so will work out pretty cheap ... free pattern via Ravelry smile

neveradullmoment99 Thu 09-Nov-17 12:11:17

I love a poncho but it rains too much where i live and never end up wearing them!

neveradullmoment99 Thu 09-Nov-17 12:11:48

Thats a gorgeous one wine!

Northumberlandlass Thu 09-Nov-17 12:13:40

I have a poncho by a wonderful lady called Sue Reed who is the Woolly Pedlar! She recycles knitwear - quite distinctive, but I love them!

Here is a link!

woollypedlar.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: