Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

£65 - Is the Estee Lauder Blockbuster worth it?

(11 Posts)
redfish18 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:10:45

I suppose the question is also - is Advanced Night Repair any good?

I'm having a long old month and tempted to have a bit of a splurge. The Blockbuster is £65 when you buy a fragrance. It includes a 30ml ANR... would appreciate any thoughts!

MikeUniformMike Tue 07-Nov-17 22:21:40

I was eyeing it up at the weekend.
If you think you will use everything then I think it is a good deal. Do you need scent? I don't so it would be £65 + £scent.

Ktown Tue 07-Nov-17 22:53:14

Read the ingredients. It just isn’t worth it.
The buffet from the ordinary is quite similar and is nice too.
I have used anr a few times and I get clogged pores.
An oil works best for me.
Many would disagree.

Battleax Tue 07-Nov-17 22:55:43

ANR is pretty good. It's in my trusty rotation of three serums that I always go back to.

redfish18 Tue 07-Nov-17 23:24:38

I always need a new perfume and love both Bronze Goddess and Sensuous Noir.

Decisions decisions!!

HighburyHattie Wed 08-Nov-17 01:00:39

Going against the grain, I would say no. I’d rather spend £65 on full size products that I have picked out myself. Choosing lipstick & eyeshadow colours I like. I have heard ANR really makes a difference though.

Estée Lauder is renowned for their skin care, foundation, highlighter & of course bronze goddess. No one in the beauty community really talks about their eyeshadow or lip products which makes me think that the quality is average and nothing to rave about.

Personally I have a massive high end makeup collection and would pass on this. But of course, it’s your choice. Go for it if you think you will get usage out of them. Or if you’re a fan of EL and their products excite you? Have you tried searching reviews of the collection on YouTube to get a closer look?

Bronze goddess is a must btw, especially the hair/body oil!

redfish18 Wed 08-Nov-17 17:15:02

I think I’m going to spend the money on getting the M&S advent calendar instead. At least that way, the £35 you have to spend to buy it can go on a Christmas present for my mum!

MikeUniformMike Wed 08-Nov-17 19:52:50

Get both.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 08-Nov-17 20:13:20

ANR never did anything for me except give me spots.

Ifonlyiweretaller Wed 08-Nov-17 20:32:53

I didn't rate ANR either. I just didn't enjoy applying it - i wanted to love it but couldn't. I'm an Elemis girl woman through and through now.

HolgerDanske Wed 08-Nov-17 21:59:04

I bought it, because my make up stash is due a renewal and it's an easy way to get a broad base, plus I liked the case! The colours will suit me, I think.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: