Talk

Advanced search

Granactive retinoid 2%

(13 Posts)
tommyspud Tue 07-Nov-17 19:29:09

Hi. I've just purchased the Ordinary product mentioned above which was recommended on here plus I'd seen it in a Sunday supplement too. It says to apply in the pm as part of your skin care regime. Does anyone else use this and if so do you put moisturiser on as well or just this?
As you can tell I am a beauty product novice!!!
Thanks

ringsnthings Tue 07-Nov-17 20:39:54

I'm sure I read that you should moisturise after retinoids. I would wait 15 mins between applying to give it time to "soak" in.

BagelGoesWalking Tue 07-Nov-17 21:03:28

Moisturise with oil and/or moisturiser. Nothing else but remember sunscreen in the morning!

JDSTER Tue 07-Nov-17 21:06:34

I use moisturiser afterwards. Essential to use a sunscreen in the morning when using a retinoid.

Beautifullymixed Tue 07-Nov-17 22:01:24

Absolutely love this retinoid!
Am sure it's cleared my cystic acne and hyperpigmentation scars from horrific breakouts earlier this year.
I use along with the Ordinary's niacinamide, hyaluronic acid and nip and fab pads - and have soft, smooth skin.

I actually use this retinoid on TOP of my moisturiser and facial oil. They act as a buffer.

I double cleanse.
Wash with black African soap.
Nip and fab pads
The Ordinary's niacinamide
Hada labo premium hyaluronic serum
The Ordinary's moisturiser
The Ordinary's squalene/jojoba oil
Then the retinoid last of all.

It still works beautifully. Fine lines and pores are reduced, skin is left smoother and more glowy.
I love it!

tommyspud Wed 08-Nov-17 20:41:04

Thanks everyone. When you mention using sunscreen do you mean a moisturiser with spf in it?

BagelGoesWalking Wed 08-Nov-17 22:13:04

It should really be a “proper” sunscreen of at least 30SPF as your skins sensitivity to sun is heightened after Retinoid use. So you’ll basically undo any anti ageing benefits done by the Retinoid by not wearing sunscreen after.

Many people recommend Korean/Japanese sunscreens as they’re more advanced than western ones, More watery/gel like which are easier to wear, especially under makeup. But have also heard good things about La Roche Posay and Body Shop sunscreens.

tommyspud Wed 08-Nov-17 22:21:59

Thanks bagel xx

Citybaby Thu 09-Nov-17 21:13:11

Can I ask for some help too please?
I have just discovered The Ordinary and believe it could be the answer to my prayers, just the price point alone makes me love it.
I'm mid thirties, combination skin, starting to show signs of aging around the eyes laughter lines I think I have my cleansing and toning (pixie glow tonic with 5% glycolic acid) regime sorted but I am a complete novice at what happens next... the granactive retinoid 2% is on my list, would you recommend anything else? Sunscreen, oils, moisturiser, serum, the list seems endless and confusing blush

RiojaHaze Thu 09-Nov-17 21:20:01

I've just got the retinoid and the rose hip oil. They recommended them to me - if you email them they'll send you a full regime!

bathghter Thu 09-Nov-17 21:22:46

i know i shouldn’t be surprised as the clue is really in the name but i found the azealic (?) acid in silicon so silcony sad i. can’t go to bed with that on my face!!

KyloRensLightsaber Thu 09-Nov-17 21:24:00

There is another thread on S&B with a load of chat about the Ordinary and some very knowledgeable and helpful people!

Citybaby Thu 09-Nov-17 22:38:09

Thank you!
Rioja, that's fantastic - I will email them and report back.
Bath, I'd be with you, why does it need the silicon?!
Kylo, thank you, there goes me going to bed soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now