Advanced search

What trousers do you wear in the winter? Not jeans

(13 Posts)
HeyMacWey Tue 07-Nov-17 12:31:40

Now the temperature has dropped I've realised that the only trousers I've got for the winter are jeans.

In the summer I wear chinos rolled up with boots or sandals I can't do that now as they're too thin and I'll get cold ankles.

What trousers can I wear as an alternative for every day wear?

I work from home so no need for smart trousers. I generally wear dresses for work meetings but don't find them warm enough to wear at home.

Eolian Tue 07-Nov-17 12:36:50

I like cords, but not sure how fashionable they are atm!

bananafish81 Tue 07-Nov-17 12:40:25

I live in uniqlo leggings trousers

HeyMacWey Tue 07-Nov-17 13:40:50

Cords! I forgot about them.

I'll check out the uniqlo trousers too - are they quite thick @bananafish81 ? Do they hold their shape well or do they go baggy at the knee quickly?

mowglik Tue 07-Nov-17 14:09:38

Not smart at all but I wear fleece also eyeing a generic pair on eBay with borg lining

Also hush wool trousers or culottes with long socks at home

HeyMicky Tue 07-Nov-17 14:18:10

Next do good slouchy flannel trousers

Blondielongie Tue 07-Nov-17 17:36:57

Toast pull on trousers! So comfy. Or sea salt have some cords.

Mominatrix Tue 07-Nov-17 17:41:04

leather leggings. very comfortable and look great.

silkpyjamasallday Tue 07-Nov-17 17:48:41

I wear knitted joggers quite a lot when it gets cold. Leather leggings are also very warm - but pleather is sweaty. Cords are really trendy at the moment and I'm quite tempted to get some as I must have got rid of a skinny black pair I had a few years ago, or they got lost in our multiple moves while I was pregnant!

bananafish81 Tue 07-Nov-17 19:38:45

@HeyMacWey they're thicker than a jegging - I wear them all throughout winter, I absolutely love em

Mine have held their shape brilliantly, wash really well and haven't gone baggy at all

I dress them up with drapey blouses and boots and down with slouchy tops and trainers. Love em! I have pairs in black, grey, houndstooth grey / black and navy.

BubblesBuddy Tue 07-Nov-17 19:52:32

I love the idea of Toast but every single pair of trousers is 7/8 length. Can they not do a single pair that are longer? So annoying.

Blondielongie Tue 07-Nov-17 21:16:15

That's what the long faintly striped socks are for! smile i think it looks cool - although I suspect my colleagues who don't rate the toast look probably think I just look frumpy.

HeyMacWey Wed 08-Nov-17 08:21:33

I'd love some leather leggings but sadly out of my price range.

Like the hush wool trousers too but never going to happen as they're dry clean only.

Will have a look at the other options - thanks @bananafish81 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now