Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What to wear - interview at technology company ?

(4 Posts)
earlgreymarl Tue 07-Nov-17 11:30:11

I am hopeful of getting an interview at a technology company ( gaming). I am already unsure of what to wear! My interview staple of looking very smart with shift dress or pencil skirt I fear won't look right - I need something smart / cool & professional. It's quite a casual place i think as in not a shirt & ties place.

I'm 35, 5 '9'', 10 / 12 and there's not much available where I live, although we do have next , m&s & topshop and online warehouse, h&m, zara, hobbs & boden will deliver ( although last two are probably not the right vibe !).

Any ideas on an achievable style that's not overly formal ?

Thanks!

BubblesBuddy Tue 07-Nov-17 11:49:05

I would start at Massimo Dutti on line. You really sound as if you would suit their clothes. I love their black/cream teeed style trousers and the red blazer is superb with them. They are in the Essentials section. Black roll neck or cream top. Casual but chic.

bigfatfeet Tue 07-Nov-17 11:50:28

I work in tech and dress like a student, but in my experience pretty much anything goes.

For interviews, I would wear a (non matching) jacket and trousers with a smart t-shirt or shell top (is that what they're called?) underneath - shows you've made a bit of an effort but hopefully you won't look out of place.

earlgreymarl Tue 07-Nov-17 12:56:08

Thanks @BubblesBuddy will do, never looked at Massimo Dutti!

@Bigfatfeet that's helpful too thanks, yes i definitely don't want to look too matchy !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: