Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet Vogue vol 80

(463 Posts)
shopafrolic Tue 07-Nov-17 10:43:46

80 editions in and still going strong. Join us as thoughts turn to wintry wonders - coats, boots, knitwear and party wear. If you love fashion come and join the chat. All welcome.

shopafrolic Tue 07-Nov-17 10:43:55

Marks place for later

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Tue 07-Nov-17 11:02:47

80?!!! Wow, thanks shop for new thread.

Off out soon to my afternoon tea and maybe a few shops to visit first. Just wearing DVF wrap dress - it's difficult to dress up in winter without feeling like I'm off to work or out for the night.

Blingy the coat is so gorgeous, I'd love to save for a camel one one day. Fingers crossed on the rings for Christmas, I've not seen those before and they're lovely.

One oh no how awful and stressful, hope you're ok. That poor man, it's kind of you and DP to reach out to him.

Lib wow that has gone quick, so excited for you (but would also contribute to the crowdfunding!! wink)

libertyonhertravels Tue 07-Nov-17 11:04:26

Ahem.... we are allowed to talk about summer dresses too!!! I have a southern hemisphere wardrobe to sort out grin

Thanks for the lovely shiny new thread Shop. Love your blouse link at the end of the last one.

libertyonhertravels Tue 07-Nov-17 11:06:37

Hmmmm this crowdfunding idea has potential.... grin

libertyonhertravels Tue 07-Nov-17 11:08:12

Marsha yes I am thinking about Christmas presents (especially my own) wink

MarshaBrady0 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:13:55

Lib Haha yes it was pretty much all about my own grin

You’re our special o/s correspondent - can’t wait to hear what shopping is like, especially online - wonder if the outnet etc deliver?

Shop love that YSL, thanks for thread

Blair me too

MarshaBrady0 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:17:42

And the children’s (feels bad) but they’re easy

thank you for the new thread shop

Yeah, it was stressful. She has been hiding in their room avoiding everyone up until today. She has apologised to me for us being caught up in it and the distress she caused and has said she will also apologise to my DP. I do feel quite awkward around her but it's not my relationship and i don't get a say in it, so for the sake of household harmony, i am accepting her apology and will continue as before but will still be sure to let her DP know we are there for him if he needs us.

Wow that has gone fast lib i hope you settle in your new home and its as lovely as you've been hoping for. How has DD been coping with the travelling? is she excited for your new home?

Beautiful rings blingy lets hope your DH takes the not so subtle hinting grin

Think im due for a clear out again soon. I find myself reachign more and more for black, grey and berry shades and dismissing anything particularly bright. Perhaps i am going back to my goth roots?! I do think i look good in black anyway and i feel comfortable in it, more so than any other colour if im honest

shopafrolic Tue 07-Nov-17 12:26:52

LOL at feeling bad for the children Marsha
I think I NEED these

VivaVegas Tue 07-Nov-17 12:59:47

Marking place!
Fab shoes Shop would look great with the shirt you posted at the end of the last thread grin

libertyonhertravels Tue 07-Nov-17 14:48:01

Honestly Marsha - do you really think I would have moved without first establishing the Outnet situation??? They do indeed deliver to NZ smile

justasecond Tue 07-Nov-17 15:55:36

Gosh can't believe we are on 80 already! Thanks for the new thread shop
Thanks for the info lib I had a quick look through, looks interesting and you are right about writing things down before the appointment I do get a little overwhelmed with all the information when I go in and forget stuff then ask Dr Google later
one that sounds awful, the poor man sad hope he feels he can do something about his situation rather than carry on being abused.

shop I was admiring those shoes last night !

shopafrolic Tue 07-Nov-17 16:03:27

LOL Viva - I could make anything go with that blouse grin
Lib sorry - we can of course talk summer dresses (sorry)
I've just ordered another pair of the super slimming GAP jeans - hopefully in the right length this time. Does anyone want a pair of them size 29 in black worn once for a knock down price? PM me if you do......

DryWhiteagainW Tue 07-Nov-17 18:24:39

Thanks Shop and for recommending the Gap super slimming skinnies. They arrived today and are miraculous once you struggle in to them bottom pockets are indeed v well placed........chuffed.

shopafrolic Tue 07-Nov-17 19:01:15

Oh fab Dry - they do need a wiggle (they have a how to get them on video on their website!) but we’ll worth it.
Hoping the longer length are good for me.

Ofthread Tue 07-Nov-17 20:15:22

Just barging in here to ask you mavens which shoes and boots you are all favouring this year, especially those for everyday wear/actual walking around? Casual and/or suitable for a relaxed workplace (academics, they all seem to look like a pile of rags, apologies in advance!)

I have an old Ash pair that refuse to die, but too western.
Sold my R&B brogues, too uncomfortable.
Have an over the knee suede pair of boots, love them but they don't stay up goddamit.
I have a flat pair of boots from a brand that gets mentioned on this thread a lot, Edelman? They are nice but refuse to work with skirts or dresses. I want something to work with skirts or dresses.
Have a chunky rubber sole leather chelsea boot affair but they make me feel a bit teenaged.
I haven't tried Acne Pistols, do people still wear them?

I can't win. I also want something that doesn't have heel material that is going to scrape off very easily, I'm looking at you plastic coated heels of Ash and Edelman fame. Took them to the cobblers, they said 'these boots are really well made, but why do they put these plastic heels on them?'

Everyonelovessparkles Tue 07-Nov-17 20:33:17

Thanks for the new thread shop.

Lovely rings blingy. The Max Mara coat is beautiful. Your ‘label ho’ grin outfit the other day sounded fab.

Lovely to hear from you lib, sounds like you are all having a great time. Jealous of all the sun and beach - it’s tipping it down here at the moment.

one that sounds awful about the flat mates. The poor man. Hope it’s not too awkward for you all. It sounds like you are doing well with your weight loss!

marsha / lib I think I’m the same with camel. I want to like it but not sure it likes me back. I think I would prefer grey or navy better too.

viva hope you had a lovely birthday.

Just got back from a day trip to Austria. My alarm didn’t go off so only woke up at 5.11 when the Taxi called shock. Had to get ready in 8minutes! Just flung my make up in my bag to do at the airport. blush

libertyonhertravels Wed 08-Nov-17 02:26:47

Welcome ofthread. The hardest working boots I have are my tan Russel and Bromley block heeled Chelsea boots. Dry has them too. I can't do links on my phone.

Shop will be able to advise on Pistols and Jensens.

Dreamqueen Wed 08-Nov-17 08:42:04

The gunmetal Wallis top arrived yesterday. It's perfect to wear with black skinnies and my Massimo Dutti black jacket. Thank you Shop for the link.

shopafrolic Wed 08-Nov-17 09:50:37

Remind me which one that was Dream? Glad it's good smile
Ofthread great name. Welcome. I have Acne Pistols and Acne Jensens. Totally different styles of boots. I do feel like the Pistols may be a bit dated now so have put them away for the time being while I have a love affair with my Jensens. They are very pointed though - not sure if that is your thing?
Sam Edelman boots are good I find. And also Hudson shoes.
I also think the quality of footwear in & Other Stories is good right now.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Wed 08-Nov-17 12:03:26

Hi Ofthread. The boots I wear most often at the moment are my & other stories chelsea boots (they're old and I can't find them on my Pinterest, but they're quite low cut on the ankle which I think helps). The only boots I would wear with skirts or dresses are my Russell & Bromley shoe boots as I have short legs and don't suit being cut off at the ankle. I have Pistols but only wear them with jeans as they're very casual.

Stokey Wed 08-Nov-17 13:44:31

Thanks the new thread Shop
Ofthread great name! I have some Edelman ones, the Petty, is that what you have? I've had them for a couple of years and barely wore them, but have started wearing them a lot recently as they're nice & conservative for work. I do wear them with skirts - pencil skirts & culottes - but also with trousers.

Have also bought a couple of wackier ankle boots recently from &OS and Missoni but have got rubber soles put on both at the recommendation of Shop.

Still feel I need more, maybe black block heeled Chelsea boots for work or some slouchy boots. Stick around, let us know what you get.

Dreamqueen Wed 08-Nov-17 14:09:18

This is the top Shop

shopafrolic Wed 08-Nov-17 16:06:00

Oh yes Dream I remember now. Good stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now