Talk

Advanced search

Help! Am petite and can't do winter dressing!

(4 Posts)
funnyfoursome Tue 07-Nov-17 09:57:11

Just that really. I'm 5' 1" and a 10-12. Used to be a slim 8-10 pre-kids but not any more!
I lived in skinnies and manky tops when my 2 were babies and toddlers but now feel the need to revamp a bit. I'm not back at work yet and more of a casual dresser. I think I just generally feel swamped and bulky and overheated in winter clothes, especially jumpers and layers. As I have short legs boots don't look right either!
I remember being inspired by Mrs Brown in the first Paddington film in her bright funky ponchos and accessories but I don't know where to start!

homebythesea Tue 07-Nov-17 12:16:57

Have a look at blogs by SusieSoSo and TheFashionlift - both petite and rocking a great casual vibe

funnyfoursome Tue 07-Nov-17 13:38:05

Thank you SO much - I will do!!

cathyandclare Tue 07-Nov-17 14:50:09

I'm a shorty too.
Lucy Liu is 5' 3" and I always think she looks amazing in Elementary. Obviously she's very slim, but she really rocks a skirt and ankle boots, so it can be done if they hit the right bit of the leg. Although her legs don't look long, they do look good IYKWIM. I had to try on millions to get them to look ok, now I need new ones and am on the hunt again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now