Talk

Advanced search

Boots for a casual hourglass

(6 Posts)
FreakOfNature Tue 07-Nov-17 08:24:12

I am a size 10-12 hourglass complete with bingo wings and thunder thighs. Legs are short, 30inches. All I want is a flat(ish) pair of boots that fit around chunky calves (forget Fly). I bought a pair from Naturalista last year and DS10 asked why I was wearing wellies 😩

My style is smart/casual, with the emphasis on casual. I do wear skinnies but I am aware I look ridiculous 😁 Once I find some boots I can wear more dresses. I would love a pair of the Woodsman boots from Celtic and Co but would they look odd with a dress?

funnyfoursome Tue 07-Nov-17 09:48:18

I'm also 10-12 and struggle finding boots. I'm short and nothing seems to look right. How tall are you?

ExConstance Tue 07-Nov-17 10:07:30

Duo are back as Duo ( they have dropped the ridiculous name Ted and Muffy) I was in the Bath store on Saturday and it was teeming with ladies with the large of calf and doing a roaring trade.

phoebemac Tue 07-Nov-17 11:28:04

These may not be to your taste as they are not the most fashionable boot in the world, but I have these from Tu which look surprisingly nice on. I am slightly chunky of calf and they fit fine (there is also a wide fit version).

tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Sole-Comfort-Leather-Rider-Boots/131359179-Brown

phoebemac Tue 07-Nov-17 11:28:20

They are also very very comfy!

RussellTheLoveMuscle Tue 07-Nov-17 15:07:14

The Woodsman boots are gorgeous and I would totally wear them with a dress. (I've been lusting after those and the Warrior boots for ages)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: