Talk

Advanced search

Deodorant advice needed please.

(11 Posts)
LilyTheSavage Mon 06-Nov-17 22:44:33

Wise MNers. I know this has been done before but I can't find any previous threads.

My gorgeous 24 year old DS has a bit of a problem with underarm sweating. He showers twice daily and uses deodorant but it doesn't seem to be working.

What are the strongest and/or most effective deodorants please? (I did do an online search but didn't come up with anything conclusive). He said he's tried Mitchum but it wasn't any good. That was the best advice I could offer.

Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks very much.

ChesterFuckingDraws Mon 06-Nov-17 22:47:15

I have hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) driclor, triple dry or perspirex are all brilliant. Apply at night before going to bed to completely dry skin and use sparingly, sleep with it in and wash off in the morning, completely stops sweating. Great stuff.
I still use normal deodorant as I’m paranoid about smells but it’s nit necessary

Magstermay Mon 06-Nov-17 22:51:59

I second Driclor, used it as a sweaty teen and it was marvellous. Stings like buggery if you use it post shaving, but probably not a problem for your DS grin. I found I could stop using it eventually and the problem didn't come back.

Aspergallus Mon 06-Nov-17 22:52:47

First thing is to make sure he is using soap, not shower gel. Only real soap deals with pongy underarms and feet properly. And doesn't leave a residue that prevents deodorant actually working.

Then, after showering, he needs to wait till he's completely cooled down again, and completely dry before applying deodorant -he can brush his teeth, put away laundry etc while waiting.

If he does these things, then really Mitchum is usually very good. The solid stick is better than the spray. No deodorant will be good if relying on shower gel, applying while warm, wet/sweaty.

If he already does these things and Mitchum failed, it's probably time to have a chat with the pharmacist about the heavier duty stuff.

buntingqueen Mon 06-Nov-17 22:56:29

I second that, washing with soap. I have been doing that and the difference is amazing!

Ttbb Mon 06-Nov-17 22:57:24

What does he shower with? I stink if I use shower gel but if I use soap I don't even need deodorant.

LilyTheSavage Mon 06-Nov-17 22:59:26

You are all such stars. Thank you very much. He's definitely washing with soap...

I haven't heard of Driclor, Triple Dry or Perspirex but will have a look at those tomorrow.

I'll pass this advice onto him. He'll be glad to know.

Thanks again. gin for you all

PurplePoppySeed Mon 06-Nov-17 23:02:04

My husband has just started using this after a friend went on about it, you apply on wet skin immediately as you get out of the shower, it's aluminium free and has certainly helped on the washing side - his tshirts used to come out the wash still smelling unless washed hot, now they barely smell on the way in!

https://www.pitrok.co.uk/PitROK-Crystal-Original.html

LilyTheSavage Mon 06-Nov-17 23:06:58

Thank you as well Poppy gin for you too!

IlonaRN Tue 07-Nov-17 20:35:54

Vichy 48h antiperspirant is great!

LilyTheSavage Wed 08-Nov-17 07:48:14

Thank you Ilona

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now