Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

£50 to spend in space nk tomorrow-what shallI buy?

(21 Posts)
buckeejit Mon 06-Nov-17 22:23:51

I'm so indecisive & need nothing but need to use a voucher. What would you recommend?!

rhubarbcrumble66 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:41:35

I would go for some new make up brushes, and / or a new foundation / tinted moisturiser that you can keep until needed. Or blow it on a lovely palette from by terry or hourglass. Put it towards an expensive serum or face oil. Or if you really don't need anything why not treat yourself to a lovely candle or fragrance, or use it to buy Christmas gifts for others? Otherwise just let the sales assistants be your guide.

rhubarbcrumble66 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:44:58

Or the Eve Lom cleanser!

buckeejit Mon 06-Nov-17 22:56:20

I've got loads of face oils & sickened of Eve Lom cleanser as had a lovely gift of it that's just running out.

Maybe a by Terry palette-i love an eyeliner of hers. Have 3 Eve Lom TMs/foundations already-2 extra from their recent sale where they wee down to £6!

Maybe a candle is the way to go-the voucher is from spending £250 to get their free crackers so bought gifts with that. 😁

thiskittenbarks Mon 06-Nov-17 23:17:31

Hourglass powder? Becca shimmering skin perfector? Diptyque candle?

DarthMaiden Mon 06-Nov-17 23:26:30

An hourglass palatte.

I bloody love mine. It’s discontinued now but they have a new version.

I wasn’t a fan of power before but I use this nearly every day. It’s not shimmer- it just makes you look like you glow....mine has 2 blushers,a bronzer and 3 powders. I use them all on the eye as well.

I’ll cry when I hit the pan on it and then buy the new version - as per link below.

https://www.spacenk.com/uk/en_GB/makeup/sets-palettes/complexion/ambient-lighting-edit---volume-3-MUS300050303.html

buckeejit Mon 06-Nov-17 23:40:05

Ooh you use the hourglass powders on your eye? Interesting. I have the original 3 ambient powders and bought a blusher just last week to make up my end but I do like them so will maybe have a toy with it instore. Off to google hourglass powders on eyes!

DarthMaiden Mon 06-Nov-17 23:55:17

Well I’m not sure it’s a known thing but I do it!

The bronzer in my palate is lovely on the eye socket and the pale powers are great under the brow.

One on my blushers is quite dark so I use that on the lid.

Obviously a lot depends on your colouring I suspect. I’m blonde with mid/light skin (I’m shade 4 foundation in Charlotte Tilbury and Sand in Bobbi Brown).

I think the new colours might actually be better on the eye - especially the darker blush in the middle.

The bronzer (bottom left) looks the same as mine as does the powder top right I use under my brow.

buckeejit Tue 07-Nov-17 00:00:52

You're selling it to me-we're similar colours. I always feel like I go in there & dither so really need this shortlist-think it's between this & the aromatherapy associates perfume at the mo. Would like a candle but feels too indulgent! I realise that makes no sense when I don't need any of the other things!!

WellTidy Tue 07-Nov-17 00:01:40

Becca backlight.

DarthMaiden Tue 07-Nov-17 00:01:56

Here’s my well loved version for comparison.

I also bought This Works, In Transit (primer) from Space NK a few weeks ago and coincidentally posted about it on another thread earlier.

I find most primers really drying, but am really liking this one.

DarthMaiden Tue 07-Nov-17 00:02:32

You can see where I’m hitting the pan on mine grin

HighburyHattie Tue 07-Nov-17 00:38:37

Becca or hourglass products!

rhubarbcrumble66 Tue 07-Nov-17 01:39:14

There's an aromatherapy associates perfume?? I have the by terry sun designer palette and it is beautiful, the finish of the powder is amazing. I also use a couple of the shades on eyes.
Have fun choosing - I had my eye on the gift but wasn't organised enough!

Arealhumanbeing Tue 07-Nov-17 07:31:23

The NARS holiday eye shadow pallet or a Diptyque candle.

buckeejit Tue 07-Nov-17 07:44:57

The AA perfume is new, saw it last week & smells lovely but I've loads of perfume & it may be half
Price after Christ,as-will have to re-smell! Off to look at the other palettes & to try the primer-have a mini unopened but think I'd be too lazy to add something else into my regime!

DarthMaiden Tue 07-Nov-17 12:11:49

Happy shopping!

Let us know what you get grin

justasecond Tue 07-Nov-17 18:39:52

If you are in need of makeup Kevin Aucoin Etherealist is the HG of foundation imo. Otherwise I would go for something from Hourglass.

buckeejit Tue 07-Nov-17 19:01:04

Thanks all-tried loads of bits & ended up with the Aromatherapy Associates perfume-I smell like I’ve just come out of a massage!

I tried the Lipstick queen medieval as it’s in the freebie crackers & wanted to know if I liked it or not, as could have passed it on untried-I love it. Really like lipstick queen stuff.

The new hourglass palette is lovely but I thought since I already have the original & blusher it was a bit of a waste.

Also tried a couple of new shades from my ABH palette before going so that satisfied me for eyeshadow-don’t think any palette would top it for me!

Great fun, may allow myself a £50 spend there in the sale, it was so much fun!

DarthMaiden Tue 07-Nov-17 22:01:34

Glad you had fun!

I have LQ medieval - I really like it, but I find it doesn’t wear well - it’s more like a lip balm I have to keep applying iyswim - the colour is lovely though.

I’m going to check out that perfume next time I visit wink

thisismadness77 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:10:28

Philosykos perfume Diptyke (excuse attempt at spelling it) smells like figs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now