Talk

Advanced search

Biotin has made zero difference to my mop

(16 Posts)
DancesWithOtters Mon 06-Nov-17 21:46:55

sad

I've read success stories of people saying their hair is stronger/thicker/longer after taking biotin.

Mine is as crunchy and ratty as always.

I don't want to be a total snake oil purchasing fool, but has anyone tried emu oil? I'm reading good things...

CallingPeopleACuntOnFb Mon 06-Nov-17 21:52:58

How long have you been taking it?

I’m trying to grow mine atm from a pixie crop and having good results with castor oil

(Applied to my hair not drinking it 🤢)

DancesWithOtters Mon 06-Nov-17 22:01:56

I've been taking it about 4 months.

How much difference has castor oil made?

Landed Mon 06-Nov-17 22:05:23

Same here. Nothing makes any difference. I would like to meet the people who write their positive reviews along with before and after photos. Are theyreally real?!

CallingPeopleACuntOnFb Mon 06-Nov-17 22:09:36

I’ve been using it religiously for about a month. 4 times a week I’ll cover my hair and scalp in it then wash it out in the morning (put a towel over your pillow if you try this!)

I’ve noticed it’s not shedding at all and feels very thick and healthy. I’ve also noticed lots of baby hairs popping up on my hairline

esk1mo Mon 06-Nov-17 22:21:51

do you take a multivitamin? i take one, also iron, b vits, vitamin D, evening primrose and fish oil.

although my hair grew much longer & in better condition when i just started eating alot more fruit, veg and protein. also i only wash it twice a week and never ever use straighteners.

i dont think there is much evidence for castor oil.

WeeBeasties Mon 06-Nov-17 22:25:26

Biotin won't make any difference to hair that already exists, it effects the new hair that grows. So after 4 months that's only long enough to effect the two inches at the roots.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Mon 06-Nov-17 22:29:37

It can't make your hair less crunchy. Once you've fried it it's fried.

It can make the new growth stronger.

CallingPeopleACuntOnFb Mon 06-Nov-17 22:30:59

It’s definitely making a difference for me

I read about it here on mn, there’s lots of threads saying people have had good results from it

I take evening primrose oil too but I have done for ages

CallingPeopleACuntOnFb Mon 06-Nov-17 22:31:34

Coconut oil is good too

Ttbb Mon 06-Nov-17 22:32:56

Have you tried Scilica?

ProjectGainsborough Mon 06-Nov-17 23:23:22

I found my hair got really itchy and greasy when I tried biotin sad

I really wanted it to be the silver bullet

CallingPeopleACuntOnFb Tue 07-Nov-17 08:42:49

That’s strange project I wonder why!

SparklingRaspberry Tue 07-Nov-17 09:03:15

Coconut oil is amazing as well

DancesWithOtters Tue 07-Nov-17 18:09:27

Hmmm I'm going to try all of these things.

CallingPeopleACuntOnFb Tue 07-Nov-17 18:13:11

Also dances there is multivitamins that are especially made for healthy hair, no idea if they work or not though 🤣

I have also been told by my hairdresser that eating lots of healthy protein helps, ie avocado, eggs, lean meat, nuts, chickpeas etc. Suppose that makes sense !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now