Talk

Advanced search

I’ve lost 9 stones, and I’m FREEZING - help please!

(8 Posts)
Ilove Mon 06-Nov-17 20:55:02

I have more weight to lose so don’t want to spend loads.

Currently a 14/16, 12 in some stuff, 18 in others. I have a coat.

I NEED jumpers - long of body. V neck (booby girl)
Thermal vest - thin and long in body - the M&S one I have isn’t long enough, ends above my bum.
Long sleeve T’s. Again, long in body

Long sleeve V neck dresses to wear over tights and Dr Martens
Budget - little as poss as it will all be too big in a couple of months!

HighburyHattie Mon 06-Nov-17 21:11:02

If you’re on a budget just try New Look, H&M, primark, grocery stores, eBay etc? You want fairly basic items so shouldn’t be an issue. Try tall ranges for length?

IreneDunne Mon 06-Nov-17 21:35:01

Uniqlo is worth looking at for all those items. Plus their HeatTech range is excellent.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 06-Nov-17 21:38:14

I’m a different shape, but always cold, so sympathise. Instead of thermal vests I like the John Lewis version of heat-tech tops, and find they come up quite long (I’m 5ft 6). You can get long-sleeved ones which could double as long-sleeved t-shirts? They are really stretchy, so you could go down a size - I buy a size down so they don’t show under things and give a smoother line. (This may be stating the obvious, so apologies, but I always tuck in my bottom layer because gaps are chilly.)

Freshprincess Mon 06-Nov-17 21:44:57

I had this, I lost 3 stone and suddenly I was that person who's always cold!
H&M vests are long in body (I'm 5'10)
I also bought some proper old lady thermals in M&S that are lovely.
I have some of he HeatTech Uniqlo tops but they aren't bum covering long. But not too pricey.
Jumpers i really struggle with, I layer up with vests, tops and cardigans.

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 06-Nov-17 21:50:12

Well done on your weight loss amazing!

bigsighall Mon 06-Nov-17 21:54:53

Amazing weight loss! Congrats. Layers, layers, layers (from someone who is always cold!)

Margomyhero Mon 06-Nov-17 22:14:03

Lidl.

Today I saw some quite nice thermal tops, scoop neck or polo neck. Also some packs of two long sleeved tops (not thermal). I find their sizing is always generous - long enough in the body and sleeve for tall people.

Worth a look aa they are so cheap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now