Talk

Advanced search

Help my skin has erupted!

(15 Posts)
MistyMinge Mon 06-Nov-17 20:44:14

I know there's worse things in life, but after my skin being fairly clear for the last 5 years or so (since having DC). It's totally erupted. Big nasty spots all over my chin and a few nasty ones on my cheeks too. The kind that leave marks for ages, possibly will scar. I feel really down about it, and self concious too.

I suspect it's due to bastard bloody hormones with a bit of stress thrown in for good measure.

Please point me in the direction of a miracle cure.

coffeecuppa Mon 06-Nov-17 21:04:27

I’m in the same situation so no advice but following. I’ve not had spots this bad since I was 14 and had to take oxytetracycline sad

wine for us both.

HighburyHattie Mon 06-Nov-17 21:06:55

You can try Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, it’s a treatment designed to dry out spots overnight and reduce them that way. Fairly affordable too

HighburyHattie Mon 06-Nov-17 21:07:32

Link:
www.beautybay.com/skincare/mariobadescu/dryinglotion/

wobblywonderwoman Mon 06-Nov-17 21:08:22

Controversial but sunbeds dry the skin out. Last resort though!!!

MistyMinge Mon 06-Nov-17 21:12:29

Thanks *Coffee*. Shit isn't it? I feel like in the grand scheme of things it's trivial, but it really is making me feel down. I thought I'd put all this behind me. I used to take Oxytetracycline too. Dianette used to help, but really not keen to go on the pill again.

Grey hairs, wrinkles and great big friggin spots. Lucky me!

BobbinThreadbare123 Mon 06-Nov-17 21:18:17

Mario Badescu drying lotion is the shizzle! The rest is, alas, hormonal. Or, head to the doctors and ask for something decent. I had a decent supply of benzoyl peroxide cream from an online chemists, but they're out of stock. I keep my routine simple and consistent. Mixing too much stuff in an attempt to combat it makes it worse. Weirdly, my skin drying out in the recent cold and windy weather has helped it!

PosiePootlePerkins Mon 06-Nov-17 21:23:47

Do you think it might be acne rosacea? I had this for years but it has finally cleared up with a new ish treatment called Soolantra which kills mites living on the skin (blurghenvy). Just thought it was worth a mention in case. Its changed my life!

MistyMinge Mon 06-Nov-17 21:29:49

I'm going to order some of that mario badescu stuff in the morning.

I don't think it's rosacea. I think it's hormonal. I've just had my period. I also generally feel a bit low. Reckon my hormones are out of kilter, but not sure why.

suchatiredbunny Mon 06-Nov-17 21:55:53

That drying lotion is good but smells like damp soil! I find it’s better on proper spots rather than the under the skin ones.

If you can get to a Lush ask for a sample of Fresh Farmacy (soap), it calmed my skin in a couple of days and overnight I broke off a tiny bit and mushed it onto a lumpy under the skin monster spot, and it took it right down. I’m seriously pleased with it and am going to buy some more this week. It’s very soothing (calamine) but also tackles oil/spots. Doesn’t foam as such, kind of melts in water rather than lathers. I’ve used all sorts over the years and am seriously impressed by this stuff! Going to get my acne plagued teenager using it too while we wait for the antibiotics the Dr gave him to work.

Appuskidu Mon 06-Nov-17 22:02:49

I use panoxyl 10% which is good but I'm not sure they sell it any more.

BobbinThreadbare123 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:13:29

Yes, the Panoxyl is also brill. But out of stock everywhere!

building2017 Mon 06-Nov-17 23:01:57

GP gave me Differin for cystic acne that got worse around age 35, mostly on my chin, hormonally linked. Works a treat.

Cakedoesntjudge Mon 06-Nov-17 23:15:46

I get cystic acne horrifically. I used to control it with the pill but came off that a while back. I have tried all sorts over the years including some strong stuff (can’t remember the name) from a dermatologist who assured me the awful side effects were worth it because 6 months on the tablets would cure me for life.

Needless to say that didn’t happen and it got much worse again recently. I’m usually pretty good at not getting too upset about it but got quite down about it. I was a bit skint so looked through what I had laying about and found some Nads ingrown hair solution (Bear with me) and thought I’d give it a shot because it has salicylic acid in it. I also swapped my usual moisturiser for dermol 500 lotion (you can get this from pharmacies, mines on prescription for something else but presume you can buy it or similar across the counter).

I can’t tell you what a difference it’s made in a week. It’s worked so much faster than anything I’ve ever used before. All but one of the cystic lumps have gone apart from one but that has drastically reduced. At this rate I’m expecting them to be gone entirely in about another week or so. It’s only £9 on Amazon and about the same in boots. It’s my new miracle bottle!! I’ve included a pic.

Good luck and try not to let it get you down too much - just keep reminding yourself that you are so much more than a few spots!!

building2017 Mon 06-Nov-17 23:25:36

Yes to salicylic acid! It is why people live nip +fab pads.

And dermol is antimicrobial.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now